TG Lists

vk2fmet

TG Lists

Post by vk2fmet » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:32 pm

I have a few TG Lists all of this works fine until I want a list for XLX Reflector calls which are private calls.
I cannot add private calls to the list - actually I can set one only to the channel and it appears when I arrive on that channel but when I nav away I can never get it back unless I dial it with #.

Just thinking it would be nice to have a list of favourite reflector calls (private calls) and a list of favourite private calls to contacts to avoid having to remember the DMR ID or scroll to find it or manually dial them.

Is there a way to do this?

Alan

m1dyp

Re: TG Lists

Post by m1dyp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm

i add mine as digital contacts, eg 4400 call type private call, then select by pressing # # # down (until i get the correct one) then green followed by ptt. once connected, pressing left or right arrow restores to my chosen talkgroup

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:07 pm

I think this is on my to do list.

I can’t remember why it was not implemented, but it’s a CPS change and a firmware change, so is more complicated

vk2fmet

Post by vk2fmet » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 am

Fair enough - it would certainly save a lot of key strokes - no biggy but very convenient.
It's one thing that makes getting into and out of XLX Reflector modules very clumsy on my other radio and I have a long press quick dial configured for the important 4000 calls which need to be done super quick.
I am very impressed by being able, here, to at least be able to dial the call during someone's over and just wait for the moment to PTT. The other radio wouldn't let me pre-set the call until there was a break - very annoying.

Great work - really enjoying the radio.
Alan