DMR issue, red flashes and does ne tx

VK5FSCK

DMR issue, red flashes and does ne tx

Post by VK5FSCK » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi all,
I am very new to digital, but I love the current layout of the OpenGD77 show all the info need and the battery % a nice thing too.

hope some can help me with the DMR side of connecting to a repeater. I followed the directions in a video by VK3KYY. and still unable to TX with the LED on top just flashing red.

I have also noticed in the CPS with the "Radio ID" puts a 0 in front the ID eg 05051089, thinking this might be an issue but not sure.

I am running the latest CPS and firmware, any help to getting me connected be much appreciated

VK5FSCK and aka TuxedoHam

VK3KYY

Re: DMR issue, red flashes and does ne tx

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 pm

What radio are you using?

kd2lh

Post by kd2lh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:15 pm

Do you have "private call confirmed" or "data call confirmed" in use? If so, DMR does a handshake at the beginning of transmission.

I know you're accessing a repeater, but later if you put in a hot spot it has the ability to be "private" and only respond to radios transmitting your own radio id. There should be no leading zero on your radio id.

Does your color code match the one in use on the repeater?

Does your time slot setting match the one in use on the repeater?

Are you using the correct OpenGD77 CPS (for use with OpenGD77 firmware only) or the Community Edition CPS (for use with stock firmware)?
Last edited by kd2lh on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:43 pm

There have recently been a few people using new RD-5R radios and there seems to be some difference in the calibration table data, for these new radios.

I made a change to allow the calibration table to load, but the extra data is not being used by the firmware, and I think its preventing these radios from transmitting and possibly even receiving DMR signals correctly.

Potentially these newer RD-5R's can't be supported

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 pm

BTW.
I have changed the username to the callsign

VK5FSCK

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Morning all,
Damn it chilli morning

Ok I have an Radioddity GD-77, I presume I have it all programmed properly, I have sourced the info for the repeater I trying to access is the VK5RSF it says it on colour 1 and both timeslots, this repeater is also like 20 odd kilometres from me, but I can't see that the reason the tx led to just flash on tx. I can remove the leading 0 in the CPS but when I close the window and reopen it the leading 0 is back in the radio id.

I don't have any Private/Data Call turned on, yes I using the correct CPS for the OpenGD77 firmware.

I will have a hotspot setup soon I just awaiting some SMA right angled pcb mountable connectors to arrive with some patch leads. I got already a version 1.3 MMDVM duplex board and RPi 3B+ and 16GB san disk mircosd.

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:07 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 pm
BTW.
I have changed the username to the callsign

VK5FSCK
Cheers, I messed up my nick in the registration any ways oof :oops:

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello, can you hear qso on the repeater?, put the radio in analogic in the repeater frecuency and if you can hear the noise of the transmission , switch to dmr, put the filter in none and take note of the talkgroups, color and timeslot, program in the channel and try again , if you where lucky may work, the first times is a little difficult to set the radio, but after that, enjoy ¡¡

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:28 pm

EB3EEL wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Hello, can you hear qso on the repeater?, put the radio in analogic in the repeater frecuency and if you can hear the noise of the transmission , switch to dmr, put the filter in none and take note of the talkgroups, color and timeslot, program in the channel and try again , if you where lucky may work, the first times is a little difficult to set the radio, but after that, enjoy ¡¡
Thanks for the tip, I waited for someone to get on the repeater but not happened yet...

When I get on my Windows laptop I will post my post my codeplug to see if anyone can see anything wrong.

VK5FSCK

Juan Francisco

Post by Juan Francisco » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:47 pm

are the same frequency in rx and tx? if they are different I think the red led flashes

With different frequencies of Rx and TX the red led flashes but when a dmr signal enters it lets transmit.

youtu.be/zguZWiaudO0