Device Not Found... Fixed

k8md

Device Not Found... Fixed

Post by k8md » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:16 pm

I had device not found while trying to program my GD77. I was able to resolve the problem myself, but I wanted to share my resolution.

The particular computer that I was using did not have OpenGD77 CPS installed. I had forgotten that I had not yet installed it on this computer. Without the CPS installed, I plugged in the GD77 and microsoft happily assigned it a com port using their own USB<->Serial driver. I installed CPS (and the OpenGD77 driver) with the radio still plugged into the computer. When I tried to read / write the radio, I could not read / write with CPS. I was able to boot the radio into firmware updater mode holding down the two side buttons and I was able to update the firmware. After the update, I was still not able to read / write with CPS.

To tell if you have the problem: Open the device manager and expand ports. If the com port assigned to the radio is labeled "OpenGD77" then you're good to go. If it's a more generic com port designation then you need to get the GD77 driver loaded. Right click on the com port and chose properties. Choose the driver tab. If it's indicating that it's a Microsoft driver, then that is the problem. Choose Update Driver. Allow Microsoft to Search Automatically for the driver. My computer found the OpenGD77 driver and loaded it correctly. The com port number did not change. After that update, I was able to read / write with CPS.

I find it curious that the firmware updater worked without updating the driver. I hope this helps someone that remains stuck.

VK3KYY

Re: Device Not Found

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks for sharing

W6MET

Re: Device Not Found... Fixed

Post by W6MET » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:19 pm

I am having this issue as well.
Able to update firmware (both the official Radioddity and OpenGD77)
Radioddity CPS can find the device, but OpenGD77 CPS cannot.

It is using the windows default driver, but when I search for updated drivers it insists that the generic one is current.

Where is the proper driver to manually install?

N1KY

Post by N1KY » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:16 am

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... CommDriver

Download both files to the same folder and run install_OpenGD77_comm_driver.bat with elevated privileges.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:02 am