Sight impaired amateurs

DJ0HF

Re: Sight impaired amateurs

Post by DJ0HF » Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 pm

N6RXT wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 2:39 pm
The problem is when you load the utility focus isn't being set in the window, and you have to click the mouse in the window. once you click the mouse to set focus, things work as expected.
VK3KYY wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am
Ian

You mean in the firmware loader, the Radio Button selection.

We originally could detect the radio but unforunately when we started to support the RD-5R it uses the same ID as the GD-77S, so we had to remove automatic identification.

I guess we could change the radio buttons to a drop down menu, but there should be some interface for in Windows to select a radio button using the keyboard

Thanks

roger
Hi Roger,
unfortunately the focus goes straight to the close button and there appears to be no way other than using the mouse to get to the radio buttons. I've asked blind friends who are pretty used to navigating around windows but no-one knows how to get access them I'm afraid. This seems to be the only real problem we now have with the CPS everything else works for the blind ham. I know they really want to be able to do things for themselves without having to ask for help from a sighted person.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun May 24, 2020 9:56 pm

Ok

As a fallback the firmware loader can be run from the command line

But I will investigate both the standalone loader and also the loader in the CPS

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon May 25, 2020 7:35 am

Ian

I've found the problems in the firmware loader, and we'll need to make some changes to resolve the problem.

I already know how to fix it, but we need to work out the best way to fix it.

Either way, it won't be long before we post a updated version which should work OK.

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:35 am
Ian

I've found the problems in the firmware loader, and we'll need to make some changes to resolve the problem.

Either way, it won't be long before we post a updated version which should work OK.
Many thanks Roger it's much appreciated.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Mon May 25, 2020 5:54 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:06 am

Because I don't have an AMBE dongle, I'm going to develop a utility which uses the radio to encode the WAV to AME, but its taking many hours of work to write both the additional firmware code and the utility code, so I"m unlikely to have much to show for at least another week.

I made a set of scripts to encode ambe to the TG 21480 (Broadcast news in Spain) via md380-emu, all work in an small OrangePi with some utils to convert text to speech and finally into ambe to insert into the BM master with Digestplay.

Also a pair of years ago made a RPi image with MMDVMHost with TTS to help impaired amateurs.

73's
Jose
Jose - EA5SW - Valencia

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 pm

EA5SW wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:54 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:06 am

Because I don't have an AMBE dongle, I'm going to develop a utility which uses the radio to encode the WAV to AME, but its taking many hours of work to write both the additional firmware code and the utility code, so I"m unlikely to have much to show for at least another week.

I made a set of scripts to encode ambe to the TG 21480 (Broadcast news in Spain) via md380-emu, all work in an small OrangePi with some utils to convert text to speech and finally into ambe to insert into the BM master with Digestplay.

Also a pair of years ago made a RPi image with MMDVMHost with TTS to help impaired amateurs.

73's
Jose
I have finished the firmware changes so that the firmware can encode raw audio data sent by the CPS.
And I have written functions in the CPS to send a raw audio file and save the encoded data.

However I think it’s best if I make a python script to handle this, so that Linux users can also encode the audio.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am

DJ0HF wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Ian

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO
Ian

Daniel has updated the firmware loader so that it will work by keyboard alone.

See the version in the development release

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... /D20200507

Daniel has assigned number keys to the radio type and letter keys to the buttons.
Made keyboard navigation working.

7: GD-77
S/s: GD-77S
1: DM-1801
5: RD-5R
D/s: Download
F/f: File selection.
Tab and Up/Down navigate through checkboxes/buttons.

Flavor chooser:

U/u: Unstable
S/s: Stable
C/c: Cancel

And GD-77 is the default.
Please try the new version and let me know how you get on.

BTW.

I'm currently working on a python script to use the radio to compress the voice prompt raw audio into AMBE format.
The firmware side of the compression is working OK, as is the experimental code I've added to my copy of the CPS, but I think using Python to handle the generation of the files is the best approach as it will be cross platform.

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Tue May 26, 2020 9:09 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am
DJ0HF wrote:
VK3KYY wrote:
Ian

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO
Ian

Daniel has assigned number keys to the radio type and letter keys to the buttons.

Flavor chooser:

BTW.

I'm currently working on a python script to use the radio to compress the voice prompt raw audio into AMBE format.
The firmware side of the compression is working OK, as is the experimental code I've added to my copy of the CPS, but I think using Python to handle the generation of the files is the best approach as it will be cross platform.
Hi Roger and Daniel,
complete success with the new firmware loader so if it can be included inthe CPS then it all looks very positive.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue May 26, 2020 10:39 am

Hi,
DJ0HF wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:09 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:15 am
DJ0HF wrote:

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO
Ian

Flavor chooser:

BTW.

Hi Roger and Daniel,
complete success with the new firmware loader so if it can be included inthe CPS then it all looks very positive.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO
I'm currently porting this to the CPS, and also the flavor chooser.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue May 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Ian

Daniel has now updated the Firmware loader in the CPS to have the same functionality as the standalone loader.

I've rebuild the CPS with his changes and have created a new installer

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... taller.exe