DJ0HF

Re: Sight impaired amateurs

Post by DJ0HF » Wed May 20, 2020 7:02 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:08 pm
DJ0HF wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:02 am
Hi Roger,

thank you. The problem with the contacts list and the channels list is that the line number to the left of the first editable field where you double click can't be tabbed to (it's light blue). Either being able to tab to this field or a keyboard combination to open the digital contacts or the channel window without having to tab to this field should do the trick. Then there is just the focus of course which I mentioned.

I will look forward to the first voice prompt version to test.

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO
I've investigated and found one fix for not being able to access the Channel screen.

I can add code, so that when you press the Space bar on a selected channel in the list, it opens that channel.

I tried to use the Enter key for this, but the Enter key seems to be already be setup by default to move down one row, so the Space seems the next best option.

The other possibly way to do this is to somehow make the Channel screen (set to the first channel) an item on the Settings menu.
But it may be easier for me to add a new menu, because the Settings menu is linked to the Tree View, and changing them independently is difficult.

Its getting too late here to look at the Contacts etc, but I'll look at that screen tomorrow.
Hi Roger,
the space bar will be fine as long as the focus can be changed to the new window and the test .sgl did indeed land in the spam folder but I have rescued it.Maybe I will change the E-Mail address to one on my own web-site where I have more control about what lands in the sapam and what doesn't.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed May 20, 2020 8:34 pm

wow awesome. just updated voice prompt firmware. most impressed. thank you all
73 de Ken :D

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 pm

@kt4lh

Good point about the prompts playing all the time

I think I will move the Prompt Play functionality to the Black button ( SK1 )
I also need to check whether the prompt is enabled before playing the prompt, and actually in the code I will prevent the prompt being setup if the prompt mode is not enabled.

Basically the way it works is that when the operator changes some specific things, like the channel or the TG, the firmware then builds the list of AMBE encoded sounds that need to be played, e.g. individual letters or numbers or words.

When the button is pressed to play the prompt, the data for each sound in the list is fetched from ROM, and streamed through the AMBE codec and out via the I2S DAC channel to the speaker.

Currently the AMBE data is being held in the ROM, but it’s using a lot of precious space that is likely to be needed for other functions, like SMS and possibly SFR, so one of the next things I need to do is write a large amount code in the CPS so it handles uploading of the audio prompt language pack data to the radio.

Also, we are going to need to use the radio to encode the original WAV audio to AMBE, because I don’t have an AMBE dongle and can’t afford to buy one.. And I doubt whether many of the of the people who submit written translations have a AMBE dongle either...

So, there is a still unfortunately a lot of work that I will need to do.

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 pm

Oh, one more issue report.. Once the voice breaks, it breaks DMR in general. I see calls coming in, but no audio. And I've broken in a few times today pretty easily.

Again, I know it's experimenting, just letting you know :)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 pm

kt4lh wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 pm
Oh, one more issue report.. Once the voice breaks, it breaks DMR in general. I see calls coming in, but no audio. And I've broken in a few times today pretty easily.

I'm not sure what you mean.

The voice uses the AMBE decode pipeline in the firmware, so that if a prompt is playing you won't be able to hear the DMR audio, as it can't process 2 data streams at the same time.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu May 21, 2020 10:56 am

Ian

Try this updated CPS

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... taller.exe

It was a bit of a sod to fix those problems but I think its working OK. Press the space bar to select the Channel or Contact on those forms which have the DataGridView (table of names)

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Thu May 21, 2020 11:21 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 pm
kt4lh wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 pm

I'm not sure what you mean.

The voice uses the AMBE decode pipeline in the firmware, so that if a prompt is playing you won't be able to hear the DMR audio, as it can't process 2 data streams at the same time.
No, not at the same time. Once the voice prompts break, I was getting no more DMR voice at all. Repeater was active, I was seeing calls flash on the screen, and when I turned on my MD380 I could hear folks, but the GD77 was not making a peep until I cycled it.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu May 21, 2020 11:30 am

kt4lh wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:21 am
No, not at the same time. Once the voice prompts break, I was getting no more DMR voice at all. Repeater was active, I was seeing calls flash on the screen, and when I turned on my MD380 I could hear folks, but the GD77 was not making a peep until I cycled it.
I'm not sure what you mean by "voice prompts break"

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu May 21, 2020 11:33 am

DJ0HF wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:02 pm
Ian

I've moved the prompts play to SK1 (black button). It no longer needs to be held in for the prompt to play

I also fixed another bug reported to me by VK7ZCR that the Goto channel number resulted in the wrong prompt being played, this is now fixed

And since the black button is now used instead of the blue button, this should solve other problems,

Also if the prompts are disabled, they should not play at all.

See
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... /D20200507

e.g.
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... enGD77.sgl

I don't think I have the energy to do much else on this today.

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Thu May 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi Roger,

I'm testing and please take that well earned rest <smile>

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO