RT-3S blinking red on transmit

9A5AFH

RT-3S blinking red on transmit

Post by 9A5AFH » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:00 am

Hello,

i have RT-3S with latest firmeware. When i try to get in DMR repeater LED is blinking red fast and after few seconds i get timeout. I tryed with other HT and repeater is not dead and i'm in range.

I double checked channel settings and everything looks ok. Also i can work with my home hotspot, so this makes it more strange. This just started to happen, i did not change anything on device.

Later i also tryed to restore flash and istall original firmeware and then OpenGD back, but it did not help. I also created fresh codeplug with only one channel that contained my repeater only.

video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/97Y92h5GeNmp3SSZ9

I would appreciate if someone can hel with this.

CU7AAZ

Re: RT-3S blinking red on transmit

Post by CU7AAZ » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:47 am

9A5AFH wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:00 am
Hello,

i have RT-3S with latest firmeware. When i try to get in DMR repeater LED is blinking red fast and after few seconds i get timeout. I tryed with other HT and repeater is not dead and i'm in range.

I double checked channel settings and everything looks ok. Also i can work with my home hotspot, so this makes it more strange. This just started to happen, i did not change anything on device.

Later i also tryed to restore flash and istall original firmeware and then OpenGD back, but it did not help. I also created fresh codeplug with only one channel that contained my repeater only.

video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/97Y92h5GeNmp3SSZ9

I would appreciate if someone can hel with this.

Hello,
It usually happens when the radio does not receive the signal from the repeater.
-Wrong frequency.
-Difficult access to the repeater
I suppose it is in DMR mode....

Good Luck

73s
CU7AAZ

9A5AFH

Post by 9A5AFH » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:11 pm

Hello,

thank you for answering. I will try to find out if repeater has some problem, but it's strange that other radio is working from the same spot...

lu2efi

Post by lu2efi » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:35 pm

Assuming, as you mentioned, that the same configuration worked with that repeater previously, there are a couple of options:
- HT antenna: you can try with another antenna or ideally with an external antenna to see if you can hit the repeater. If you have acces to a VNA, maybe you can measure the antenna also
- Get closer to the repeater to see if you can hit it
- Maybe the repeater itself has some trouble on its RX and has become "deaf"

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:47 pm

Check frequency calibration on the radio.

pt2015swl

Post by pt2015swl » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:13 pm

Are you using hotspot or repeater? If you are a hotspot or update your software. I also had this same problem with my RT3S using WPSD on the hotspot and after the update the problem was resolved. :idea: