new developer...

Discussions related to the firmware code development
EB3AM

new developer...

Post by EB3AM » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 am

I have installed the software and downloaded the firmware from git and verified that I am able to generate the SGL file.

In a few days you will see that I tell you that I have turned my GD77 into a stone.

Good morning! :lol:

bg7iyn

Re: new developer...

Post by bg7iyn » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:49 am

any problem you just press Left side black+BLUE key and power on to FW mode to update works fw,even offical work firmware,it is not stone,if you wan't update works fw. :lol:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:16 pm

I moved this thread into the Developer discussions section

As GB7IYN has said, its very difficult to brick the radio by uploading the firmware, no one has ever done this.

You can partially brick the radio by erasing the external Flash memory, because it contains the calibration table needed for many of the RF functions including the master reference oscillator for the whole radio

So I advise everyone to use the OpenGD77 CPS to back their EEPROM and their Flash and for developers to also backup the MCU ROM, so they they have a copy of the entire MCU ROM including the bootloader and the Hardware_Lock bytes in the top of the MCU ROM that are used by the bootloader for a stupid form of copy protection

Even if you somehow managed to write an application which erased the bootloader, we have copies of this and you can reflash using JLink etc

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:16 am

I only make minor modifications ... hopefully I won't break anything.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=706&p=6211#p6207