NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/23][GD-77]

DF9HJ
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [5/28][GD-77]

Post by DF9HJ » Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am

Hi

Thank you very much for you effort

I notied that short press green leads to options.
At 1.60 it leads to zones which IHMO was more convenient.

73s
73 Jens

NA7Q
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [5/28][GD-77]

Post by NA7Q » Fri May 29, 2020 2:52 pm

DF9HJ wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am
Hi

Thank you very much for you effort

I notied that short press green leads to options.
At 1.60 it leads to zones which IHMO was more convenient.

73s
That's unusual. Both versions should lead to options. They did for me.

DF9HJ
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [5/28][GD-77]

Post by DF9HJ » Sat May 30, 2020 6:19 am

Strange,

I downgraded to 1,60 and green short revert to zones.
73 Jens

NA7Q
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [5/28][GD-77]

Post by NA7Q » Sun May 31, 2020 5:11 pm

DF9HJ wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:19 am
Strange,

I downgraded to 1,60 and green short revert to zones.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood the issue here. I will fix the order of menu options on the next build to be the same as the old. There was some new code which changed this order, and it slipped by when I was fixing things.

NA7Q
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [5/28][GD-77]

Post by NA7Q » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:51 pm

I'm working on an update. I don't have a timeframe currently. And I'm not dead ;)
I have to merge the new code in, which is a few months out of date on my system. I don't know how much has changed since, but I imagine it's a lot. So I hope to get it back on track soon.

NA7Q
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [5/28][GD-77]

Post by NA7Q » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:01 am

Here is an experimental build. There may or may not be minor issues with it. If you find something that doesn't work properly, please let me know and I'll take a look at it. So far it seems good on my radio. Fingers crossed :)

https://github.com/na7q/OpenGD77/raw/ma ... 72.EXP.sgl

Found a few issues with various settings. To be fixed soon :)

W1CY
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:57 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/19][GD-77]

Post by W1CY » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:38 am

Thanks... I like the interface version you modified.

One question that I always wanted to know is which official OPENGD77 experimental build/date is used for the base of the changes.

I ask that because I got two radios. One GD-77 I keep to the latest experimental level that Roger releases. Any changes that are compiled and made available go immediately to that radio.

The other GD-77 I load the firmware you release. I would like to have an idea of which base code you used to release your modifications.

For instance, Roger released the Sept 12 as official release and started the Sept 13 experimental release. That has already four changes and the binary is available. That is the firmware on radio 1.

If I update the firmware you released to my radio 2, I will get the new interface, etc, but on top of which Roger's experimental level?

Thanks in advance.

NA7Q
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/19][GD-77]

Post by NA7Q » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:45 pm

I always use the "development" branch which has the latest and the greatest code on the experimental level. I will typically post about the stability of the firmware if it's not so stable. Which usually is never the case.
W1CY wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:38 am
Thanks... I like the interface version you modified.

One question that I always wanted to know is which official OPENGD77 experimental build/date is used for the base of the changes.

I ask that because I got two radios. One GD-77 I keep to the latest experimental level that Roger releases. Any changes that are compiled and made available go immediately to that radio.

The other GD-77 I load the firmware you release. I would like to have an idea of which base code you used to release your modifications.

For instance, Roger released the Sept 12 as official release and started the Sept 13 experimental release. That has already four changes and the binary is available. That is the firmware on radio 1.

If I update the firmware you released to my radio 2, I will get the new interface, etc, but on top of which Roger's experimental level?

Thanks in advance.

NA7Q
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/19][GD-77]

Post by NA7Q » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Here's the latest build with various fixes. I would deem this stable by the quick usage of it between last night and this morning.

https://github.com/na7q/OpenGD77/raw/ma ... .73.20.sgl

User avatar
Zl1XE
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:25 am

Re: NA7Q - Unofficial Firmware Build [9/20][GD-77]

Post by Zl1XE » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:48 pm

Where can I find the operational (and other) differences for this fork.
DM-1801

Post Reply