Experimental Baofeng RD-5R version

ve3slm

Re: Experimental Baofeng RD-5R version

Post by ve3slm » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm

I have flashed this firmware and have been able to build a codeplug. A couple of observations. First, I love the possibilities in this firmware, and there will be a learning curve as to how to operate and interpret the information. When I tried to download the calibration data. I get an error saying, "Calibration data could not be found. Please update your firmware."

I have tried to revert the firmware to the stock firmware. Once the firmware is loaded, using the stock updater, I cannot read or write to the radio with the stock CPS. I get an error saying, "Device not found". I suspect this is a driver conflict between the OpenGD77 driver and the stock driver. uninstalling and reinstalling the software packages did not help.

At this point, I am out of ideas on how to proceed, so please help.

Thanks again.

OK2HAD

Post by OK2HAD » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:39 am

ve3slm wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm
I have flashed this firmware and have been able to build a codeplug. A couple of observations. First, I love the possibilities in this firmware, and there will be a learning curve as to how to operate and interpret the information. When I tried to download the calibration data. I get an error saying, "Calibration data could not be found. Please update your firmware."

I have tried to revert the firmware to the stock firmware. Once the firmware is loaded, using the stock updater, I cannot read or write to the radio with the stock CPS. I get an error saying, "Device not found". I suspect this is a driver conflict between the OpenGD77 driver and the stock driver. uninstalling and reinstalling the software packages did not help.

At this point, I am out of ideas on how to proceed, so please help.

Thanks again.
Hi, With the error "Device not found." we met too. The problem may occur in windows with a different localization than the US English locale. If I used windows in Czech and the localization was Czech, there was a problem. I don't know what language version of windows you have installed and are using. I enclose a guide that helped us. 90% of us helped uninstall CPS, including drivers. Then switch the windows language to US English in 3 steps. 1. Switch the area to US English. 2. Switch the area to US English. 3. Switch the administrative language to English US. Generally switch entire windows to US English. When switching, logout and system restart are required. It takes patience. I noticed that a short system update occurred during one of the restarts. Other locations may be missing the portion of windows that is contained in US windows. Once the windows were correctly switched to English US, I reinstalled CPS with the driver installation. Then, with a 90% success rate, the CPS program worked properly. Sometimes it was necessary to reboot and reinstall CPS before everything was fine. Once the program started working properly, I returned the windows to the Czech localization and the problem did not reappear. Try this procedure. I hope and believe that he will be successful.

ve3slm

Post by ve3slm » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:15 pm

OK2HAD wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:39 am

Hi, With the error "Device not found." we met too. The problem may occur in windows with a different localization than the US English locale. If I used windows in Czech and the localization was Czech, there was a problem. I don't know what language version of windows you have installed and are using. I enclose a guide that helped us. 90% of us helped uninstall CPS, including drivers. Then switch the windows language to US English in 3 steps. 1. Switch the area to US English. 2. Switch the area to US English. 3. Switch the administrative language to English US. Generally switch entire windows to US English. When switching, logout and system restart are required. It takes patience. I noticed that a short system update occurred during one of the restarts. Other locations may be missing the portion of windows that is contained in US windows. Once the windows were correctly switched to English US, I reinstalled CPS with the driver installation. Then, with a 90% success rate, the CPS program worked properly. Sometimes it was necessary to reboot and reinstall CPS before everything was fine. Once the program started working properly, I returned the windows to the Czech localization and the problem did not reappear. Try this procedure. I hope and believe that he will be successful.
Thank you. I will try that, but I believe that all of my languages are set to EN-US, but I will check. I am in Canada so I may have changed the language to EN-CA, but I don't think so.

EA2EQM

Post by EA2EQM » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:57 pm

In case someone finds it useful:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:31 pm

EA2EQM wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:57 pm
In case someone finds it useful:

Can I add this to the User Guide (I will credit you)

EA2EQM

Post by EA2EQM » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:31 pm
Sure, no need to ask.
I've exported the file to PNGs and uploaded them to this folder.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:48 am

EA2EQM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:31 pm
Sure, no need to ask.
I've exported the file to PNGs and uploaded them to this folder.
Thanks

I'll update he User Guide at the weekend.

ve3slm

Post by ve3slm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Thank you for the detailed picture of the button descriptions.

To OK2HAD, all of my languages and regions are set to US-EN, so I am still stuck. The radio is currently stuck with stock firmware and the default programming, and the stock CPS cannot see the radio.

Is there anyway to uninstall the drivers associated with the OpenGD77 so that possibly the stock drivers can be used to let the stock CPS talk to the radio.

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:22 am

I could not upload the firmware at first using the OPENGD77 CPS, but it worked fine when I used the FIRMWAREUPLOADER.exe standalone exec.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:37 am

W1CY wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:22 am
I could not upload the firmware at first using the OPENGD77 CPS, but it worked fine when I used the FIRMWAREUPLOADER.exe standalone exec.
OK.

Looks like the CPS needs to be updated.