problème résolu merci.

bonne journée

VK3KYY

Re: Experimental Baofeng RD-5R version

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:29 am

f6fzo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:47 am
Bonjour
je suis désolé de pas pouvoir aider plus mais je ne suis pas très doué en informatique
je me contante de flasher les firmware hihihihihi ça ça va pas trop mal
et merci pour le travail que vous faite
F6FZO Serge :)
Pas problem

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:23 am

I noticed that changes to the power level were not getting saved, so I've now fixed that bug

There is also another strange bug, if you release the PTT while the radio is still trying to wake a repeater, it hangs on the Tx screen.

I'm not sure why this doesnt happen on the GD-77, but the code is hanging in the code which is waiting for the repeater to respond and does not have a way to exit from this when the PTT is released.

I'll need to compare what happens on the GD-77 under the same conditions, because the GD-77 exits OK from the Tx screen
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

chris01390

Post by chris01390 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 pm

un autre beug de mon coté tx impossible entre 451 MHZ A 470mhz sa me marche hors bande

IU1MCR

Post by IU1MCR » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Roger
RD-5R:
tnx for the correction on squelch.
another bug - when in VFO -> NO Quick Menu & when in Channel -> Quick Menu is different (old version?) from QM of GD77
RD-5R: "Filter:CC, TS, TG / VFO--> New Chan / Tone scan N/A" etc
GD-77: "Filter:CC, TS, TG / Channel --> VFO / VFO --> Channel"
Buona giornata
Eugenio

F6CYK

Post by F6CYK » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Hello, Roger! Thank you for your answer. I continued the tests today with a DMR repeater 20 km away from the original RD-5R antenna. Despite the +/- 1kHz offset, it was possible to trigger the repeater.
Otherwise, the analog mode works perfectly.
A curious thing: after the update with Radioddity's latest official firmware, the RD-5R's receiver had lost all its sensitivity and had become deaf. Attempts to downgrade it did not succeed in restoring its original sensitivity. But now, with the openfirmware, it has regained all its sensitivity, quite comparable with my GD-77.
For the hotspot mode, I use the RD-5R with its original antenna. It switches quite correctly in this mode but as soon as I transmit locally, it returns to transceiver mode. I suspect an HF return through the link cord between the RD-5R and the Raspberry Pi. I'll continue the dummy antenna tests and provide the link cord with a ferrite sheath.
Thank you for your work!
73' from F6CYK / Pierre-Antoine

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:48 pm

F6CYK wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:24 pm
Hello, Roger! Thank you for your answer. I continued the tests today with a DMR repeater 20 km away from the original RD-5R antenna. Despite the +/- 1kHz offset, it was possible to trigger the repeater.
Otherwise, the analog mode works perfectly.
A curious thing: after the update with Radioddity's latest official firmware, the RD-5R's receiver had lost all its sensitivity and had become deaf. Attempts to downgrade it did not succeed in restoring its original sensitivity. But now, with the openfirmware, it has regained all its sensitivity, quite comparable with my GD-77.
For the hotspot mode, I use the RD-5R with its original antenna. It switches quite correctly in this mode but as soon as I transmit locally, it returns to transceiver mode. I suspect an HF return through the link cord between the RD-5R and the Raspberry Pi. I'll continue the dummy antenna tests and provide the link cord with a ferrite sheath.
Thank you for your work!
73' from F6CYK / Pierre-Antoine
Using the antenna on the radio will cause it to crash often unless you use some ferrite to suppress RF induction in the USB cable.

It is the same on the GD-77 and DM-1801 etc

M6SEU

Post by M6SEU » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 am

Hi.
I use a Anytone 868 usb cable on my GD77 can run it on 5 watts in hotspot mode and get not issues the cable appears to be screened.
If you've got one give it a try on the RD-5R. :D

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 am

Has anyone else noticed that that the LEDs behind the keyboard flash when the radio is transmitting ?

Strangely, the backlight on the display does not seem to be flickering, even though I think the backlight and the LEDs behind the keypad are connected together.

IU1MCR

Post by IU1MCR » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:43 am

Yes. flickering with power > 1W