Release 11th April

EB3EEL

Re: Release 11th April

Post by EB3EEL » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:34 pm

I miss the delete channel on scan, like nuissance delete when scanning, before was the arrow down key, now i try to find any key to do this.
well be good if this function returns.

EB3EEL

Post by EB3EEL » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:22 pm

Yes, its true, but many times it stops the scan, this make me feel that no works well, sometimes when i press the key the radio makes a reset, one every ten times aprox.
Maybe its a bug, anybody has the same problem?
I have the last firmware.

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:42 am

EB3EEL wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:22 pm
Yes, its true, but many times it stops the scan, this make me feel that no works well, sometimes when i press the key the radio makes a reset, one every ten times aprox.
Maybe its a bug, anybody has the same problem?
I have the last firmware.
Hi. I use the scan function intensively, as I think its implementation is superb, and I have no problem as you described.
I mostly use it in MR mode, with a mix of analog and DMR channels, sometimes in pause mode, other times in hold mode, and I do not have any issue with any of my three GD77.
I very frequently have to "delete" one or more analog channels from the scan, and everytime it perfectly works as expected.

There were some reset issues with some old versions of the firmware but it has been fixed.

Of course a firmware is a complex thing and some bugs may remain.

Maybe you could try to write a fresh configuration in your GD77, with only a few channels, zones etc. and test? Then add more and more complex things and try? Maybe this could help to reveal the moment when something is wrong or maybe everything could remain OK up to the end?

Hope you will solve your issue :)

Luc

G0NHF

Post by G0NHF » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:34 am

effebi71 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:09 am
I would like to report a problem regarding the tone on the stored analog repeaters. If I want to change the reception tone in channel details it is not saved. By reopening this function, I find the previous tone stored via CPS. For the rest, no problem. Good job. Thank you
When you have made your change in channel details, you must hold the blue button and press green to make the change permanent. If you just press green it is temporary and not saved.

Tony

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 am

effebi71 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:09 am
I would like to report a problem regarding the tone on the stored analog repeaters. If I want to change the reception tone in channel details it is not saved. By reopening this function, I find the previous tone stored via CPS. For the rest, no problem. Good job. Thank you
This is documented in the User Guide

I've just added a heading for it, so you can find it more easily, but the details of this have been in the User Guide soon after the functionality was changed, around 2 weeks ago

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... he-channel

OH1KH

Post by OH1KH » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:00 am

HI!

Loaded 20200411 firmware (with python loader as I do not have Windows in house).

Seems to work ok, but now at the start of every DMR over there is a short (~1sek) burst like fast running sewing machine that modulates the voice received.
It does not break words but is disruptive. Sounds like a stutter. That did not happen with earlier firmware. I did not check the previous version number, but it was about 2-3 months old.

I can live with that.

The most that I need is a python (or similar) codeplug loader for Linux. CPS is running in Wine as an editor, but uploading a saved codeplug similar like the python firmware loader is needed.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:10 am

Do you mean the Start beep?

If so, I'm surprised its transmitted. The beep length is shorter than the DMR startup and hence it should not be sent via the modulation