Pre-release 9th April

W1AEX

Re: Pre-release 9th April

Post by W1AEX » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:52 am

Roger,

I've installed the April 10 build and it is working normally here while monitoring or scanning FM and FMN. No sign of the squelch sputtering on any signals, with or without CTCSS enabled. I think you have narrowed down the cause of the problem. Your explanation makes sense because all 3 of the most problematic frequencies here have the local CTCSS (RX Tone) assigned to block activity from a city up north that uses the same frequencies with a different CTCSS tone assignment.

Thank you again for looking into this. I loaded 4-10-2020 into my other GD77 and it's happy with it as well.

73, Rob W1AEX
Last edited by W1AEX on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 am

Hi Rob

Yes. I think I know what change has caused this.

The last version I posted uses the old function for checkAnalogSquelch which does not have the bug you were experiencing.

I'm now investigating an alternative fix for the bug posted here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=794

oh4va

Post by oh4va » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:12 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 am
I don't know of any systems which remove the tone in the middle of the transmission. I can't easily replicate this without writing some special code in the OpenGD77 to turn of the tone in the middle of the transmission.
This is normal in SvxLink controlled FM repeaters. We are using this in our repeater, which is a multi mode repeater, analog FM and digital modes DMR, DSTAR and YSF.
PTT_HANGTIME
Use this configuration variable to set a PTT hangtime. This can be good to have on a transmitter in combination with using a tone squelch. When the transmitter is ordered to stop transmitting, the tone is immediately turned off, causing the squelch to close on the other side. Since the transmitter keeps transmitting for a while, no squelch tail will be heard.
Ref: http://www.svxlink.org/doc/man/man5/svxlink.conf.5.html

73 de Veijo OH4VA

G0NHF

Post by G0NHF » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 am

Excellent implementation of the scan options in VFO mode. Run for several hours without issue. Thanks for the great work.
Tony