The last Release was on 15th March, and a number developments have been made since then, mostly from Daniel F1RMB but also some form me and a bug fix from Colin G4EML.
The main reason for not releasing version sooner is that I've simply not had time. The slowly increasing COVID19 lockdown here in Australia, means that normal daily life takes up a lot more of my time than it used to.
Its difficult to list every small change since the last release, but here are main changes to the firmware
- Czech language support added (by Daniel)
- Fix bug when editing and updating a contact (by me)
- Complete re-work of the VFO scan functionality (by me)
- Added support for the GD-77S - only has a hotspot (by me, bug fixes by Daniel)
- Hotspot mode fixes (by Daniel)
- Add reverse repeater listing function (Black + Blue button) ( by me, bug fixed by Daniel)
- Baofeng power off data saving fix (by Daniel)
- Updates to existing non-english language texts (by various contributors, helped by Daniel)
The Scan function has been changed for both Channel and VFO mode. To enter Scan mode, you now use a Long Press on the Up arrow key
In Channel mode, this immediatly commences scanning.
In VFO mode, it switches the VFO into Scan Mode, but does not start the scan immediately.
In Scan Mode, the lower and upper scan frequency limits are shown on the bottom line of the display.
To change these limits, both the lower and upper frequencies must be entered, one after the other
e.g. to set the scan limits to 144 to 146Mhz, you need to enter the numbers
1 4 4 0 0 0 1 4 6 0 0 0
When all digits have been entered the lower and upper limits will be updated
To start the VFO scan, press the Up arrow key when in VFO mode.
To exit Scan Mode, press and hold the Down arrow key
VFO A and B have their own upper and lower scan limits, and also whether the VFO is in Scan Mode or not. e.g. VFO can be in Scan Mode, whilst VFO B is in normal operation mode.
In Scan Mode, only the Rx frequency is displayed.
Any offset between Rx and Tx frequency will be maintained.
Actually, I just noticed if you transmit in Scan Mode, its not displaying the Tx frequency, so I think I will need to fix this before I can release this version, but there may be other problems with this pre-release which also need to be fixed.