Update 15th March

VK3KYY

Update 15th March

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:18 am

OpenGD77 / OpenDM1801 firmware

I have released a new version of the firmware, for the GD-77, GD-77S Hotspot and the DM-1801

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... R202200315

Changes in this release are
  • When Colour Code filtering is disabled, the CC of the channel / VFO, is not immediately updated with the CC of the received signal.
    The CC of the received signal will be displayed, but the Tx CC will remain the same, until the Blue button is pressed whilst the signal is being received.
    When the channel / VFO CC does not match the received CC, the received TG will be displayed in inverse video, in the same way it is shown if the TG does not match the channel / VFO TG or if the TS does not match
    To set the channel / VFO CC to the received CC, the Blue button must be pressed while receiving the signal.
    This change makes the CC filter operate in the same way as the TS and TG filtering.
    Thanks to me.
  • Language updates from IU4LEG and EA3BIL
  • GUI changes to the firmware loaders. Thanks to Daniel F1RMB
  • Channel Rx and Tx frequencies can now be entered in the Channel Details screen. Thanks to me.
  • Fixed the DM-1801 FM mode, beep - hiss bug , and this change also seems to slightly improve the end of the beep in FM mode on the GD-77
  • Possibly fix for the display corruption. Thanks to me.
  • User Guide updates, to remove references to the GD-77 and make the User Guide more generic, as we now support the Baofeng DM-1801 and may support other radios in the future
Notes
  • GD-77S Hotspot only has now been tested and has been released in this version. This has been tested by VK4JWT who tells me its working fine.
  • I've done a major overhaul of the codebase, renaming many files to remove the "fw_" from the beginning of the filename, as well as renaming the "dmr" folder to "hotspot" because that folder contains the hotspot, and a myriad of other changes.
  • I have changed the codec binary names and the way they are loaded into the assembler to make things more generic now that the firmware runs on multiple radio platforms.
    I expect to further overhaul this in the future to hopefully concatenate the 2 binary sections onto one section, but this will take a lot of effort, and is not essential at the moment.
OpenGD77 CPS
I have copied the existing CPS to a new repository on GitHub, as I am no longer supporting the CPS with the official firmware.

The new repository is here https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/opengd77cps

And I have released a new version of the CPS with changes to support the calibration of the Baofeng DM-1801

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... /R20200315

The CPS is available as an installer exe, but I know a lot of people have problems with this being reported as a virus, which I have no control over. So I am also making the CPS files available as a zip file, which I think does not get identified as a virus
I also have a separate zip file which contains the driver, however this exe can also sometimes be falsely reported as a virus, and its not possible to provide this exe as separate files in a zip.

The calibration screen in the CPS has also been updated show the actual function of the values, previously described as "Tx I & Q" and are now called "Tx 4FSK".
The frequency ranges that each 4FSK setting applied to is now shown, rather than a range number
The Calibration screen also no longer warns that uploading the calibration may harm your radio, each time its uploaded and the prompt at the end of the upload has been removed, and instead a status message is displayed.
This change makes it much easier when calibrating the power of the radio where you normally have to upload about 10 to 15 times to get the 1W and 5W power settings correct for both the VHF and UHF bands

PS.

I've also been working on a revised interface for the VFO scan function, but its still a work in progess

And. I have made patched versions of both the GD-77 and DM-1801 bootloaders, which no longer check for the hardware signature bytes, and hence can be used on radios where the entire MCU ROM has been erased or corrupted.

See https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... ootloaders

M6SEU

Re: Update 15th March

Post by M6SEU » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:26 am

Thanks Roger. :D

IU4LEG

Post by IU4LEG » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:33 am

Thank you Roger, already installed.

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:41 am

Merci :mrgreen:

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:38 am

thank you

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks a lot... Testing!

KB8AOB

Post by KB8AOB » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:26 pm

:o WOW THANKS!

IU2IDO

Post by IU2IDO » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Thank you very much you are very precious to us. thanks also to those who collaborate with you. fantastic !!!

lu2efi

Post by lu2efi » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:42 pm

Thanks a lot Roger!
It's safe to continue upgrading GD77 firmware with your Python script? (I'm a linux user)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:27 am

I've not tested the python script for a while, but I think its OK

There are some other Linux tools to upload the firmware, created by Daniel F1RBM

See

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... ware/tools

Specifically

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... wareLoader