Update 15th March

IK8JHL

Re: Update 15th March

Post by IK8JHL » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 am

:?::?::?: This thing is new to me ... it has always been an option that you can choose .... and why then only in simplex and not in Duplex ... sorry but it doesn't make much sense what you tell me

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 am

IK8JHL wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 am
:?::?::?: This thing is new to me ... it has always been an option that you can choose .... and why then only in simplex and not in Duplex ... sorry but it doesn't make much sense what you tell me
In Duplex, your HT will "negociate" the permission to transmit with the repeater, and once granted you will be able to really transmit (that's what the permit tone tells you).
In Simplex there is no such thing, so you can't transmit while receiving, as the "other side" won't ear you anyway.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 am

Sorry Daniel, but you can't block the transmission, it must be an option where I can choose. I must always be able to transmit ... I can also listen to a distant signal in DMR but I am in a local QSO, or there is a jammer ... in short, the choice it should be as personal as all radios have, if you tell me that it is not possible to do it for technical problems, I don't insist ;)

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 am

I don’t think this behaviour is deliberate. I agree that normally a DMR radio when set to impolite channel access would be able to transmit over an incoming signal. The observed behaviour It is a side effect of the way the code has been written. When receiving DMR simplex the code is not checking the PTT. I don’t think anyone else has spotted this because it is not something that would normally be tried.

I am sure it could be fixed but it must be a low priority at present. It will probably be fixed if the channel access rules are implemented.

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:08 am

G4EML wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 am
I don’t think this behaviour is deliberate. I agree that normally a DMR radio when set to impolite channel access would be able to transmit over an incoming signal. The observed behaviour It is a side effect of the way the code has been written. When receiving DMR simplex the code is not checking the PTT. I don’t think anyone else has spotted this because it is not something that would normally be tried.

I am sure it could be fixed but it must be a low priority at present. It will probably be fixed if the channel access rules are implemented.

Indeed Colin, I do not use only on repeater or on HS, and I wanted to report something that was not normal, Thanks for the explanation

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 am

I still don't see the point, and the goal, of trying to step on toes of another transmission, in digital.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:01 pm

It’s not deliberate, but I also have not noticed this.

I am surprised anyone using a simplex hotspot has not raised this as an issue, even though it’s pointless transmitting when the hotspot is transmitting, as it will not be receiving

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:50 pm

It is more a technical point than a practical one.
The only time it becomes relevant is if you are trying to re-use a frequency that has a weak signal present. Not common in amateur use but often the case in commercial use in busy areas where coverage areas of different users can overlap.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:02 am

I've updated the repo so that it now allows transmissions even when there is an incoming DMR signal on simplex (DMR Active)

I think we could probably improve this a little and look at the Channel data "Admit Criteria" and and honor those settings on simplex.

I'm not sure however how we can handle Colour Code Free, as by default CC filtering is on, so this would initially only partially honor those settings if we implement it at all.

SQ4NMR

Post by SQ4NMR » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:27 am

Dziękuję Roger zainstalowane i już testuje ;)