Update 6th March

IK8JHL
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am

Re: Update 6th March

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 am

m1dyp wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am
some updates do reset the radio to ensure firmware changes work correctly

let me explain better, I set the radio> read the CP> modified a channel> rewritten the radio> some settings I find reset
I have tried 2/3 times ... now I do a reset and try again

User avatar
m1dyp
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am
Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.

Re: Update 6th March

Post by m1dyp » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:36 am

IK8JHL wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 am
m1dyp wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am
some updates do reset the radio to ensure firmware changes work correctly

let me explain better, I set the radio> read the CP> modified a channel> rewritten the radio> some settings I find reset
I have tried 2/3 times ... now I do a reset and try again
i'm sorry but that has not happened to me, hopefully someone can help
73 de Ken :D

IK8JHL
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am

Re: Update 6th March

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:50 am

I think that I have understand! If I change a function, the function is memorized only when the radio is turned off.
If instead I change a setting> I read the radio> I rewrite it, the radio is restarted but without having memorized the changed settings :!:

User avatar
m1dyp
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am
Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.

Re: Update 6th March

Post by m1dyp » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:18 pm

if you change a setting, you must confirm it with the GREEN BUTTON otherwise it wont get stored
73 de Ken :D

IK8JHL
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am

Re: Update 6th March

Post by IK8JHL » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:22 am

m1dyp wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:18 pm
if you change a setting, you must confirm it with the GREEN BUTTON otherwise it wont get stored
Thanks for the reply, but I know that the green button must be pressed. You have carefully repeated the test I described in the previous post ....?! However, it is not a problem, just turn off the radio before rewriting it again and the problem is solved ;)

maybe this can help?
VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:02 pm
VFO is kept as part of the nonVolatile settings.

These are only written back to EEPROM when you turn the radio off

The official firmware is a complete mess, it seems to write to the Flash at random times during the normal operation of the radio, even when nothing has changed.

When the CPS uploads a new codeplug, it also sends a special command to the firmware so that the new VFO, is updated from the new data in the codeplug.
Last edited by IK8JHL on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
4I1RAC
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Update 6th March

Post by 4I1RAC » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:31 am

Is it just me, or is the scan significantly slower now in digital mode than before? I recall that a few updates back, it was at the same speed as analog scan.
Angelo, 4I1RAC / N2RAC
Brandmeister Philippines support team
Talkgroups
- 51518 bridged to DX1ARM Fusion repeater, Metro Manila
- 515058 bridged to DX1O Fusion Repeater, Metro Manila
- 98977 Opengd77, bridged to YSF Reflector 72170

https://n2rac.com

User avatar
4I1RAC
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Update 6th March

Post by 4I1RAC » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:33 am

4I1RAC wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:31 am
Is it just me, or is the scan significantly slower now in digital mode than before? I recall that a few updates back, it was at the same speed as analog scan.
I think this change occurred around the time when the RSSI bar started appearing even when DMR traffic was idle. I noticed that scan would significantly slow down while the RSSI bar was at around S1 to S2. But when it fell, digital scan sped up. In noisy environments, that would mean there would be a pause every now and then.
Angelo, 4I1RAC / N2RAC
Brandmeister Philippines support team
Talkgroups
- 51518 bridged to DX1ARM Fusion repeater, Metro Manila
- 515058 bridged to DX1O Fusion Repeater, Metro Manila
- 98977 Opengd77, bridged to YSF Reflector 72170

https://n2rac.com

SV3IBF
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:53 am

Re: Update 6th March

Post by SV3IBF » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:19 am

Hi,
I have also noticed that in the last two releases the RSSI bar started appearing even when DMR traffic was idle.
It is moving around S1-S2 for some seconds and then back to zero again.
Is this a fault or something has changed?

Thanks,
Kostas

VK3KYY
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Update 6th March

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:34 am

SV3IBF wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:19 am
Hi,
I have also noticed that in the last two releases the RSSI bar started appearing even when DMR traffic was idle.
It is moving around S1-S2 for some seconds and then back to zero again.
Is this a fault or something has changed?

Thanks,
Kostas
This change is because some people use multimode repeaters and need to know if the frequency is in use by another mode.

The signal bar is now always active on DMR, like it is on FM and also the green LED will show if there is enough signal (more than the FM squelch value)

VK3KYY
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Update 6th March

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:35 am

4I1RAC wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:33 am
4I1RAC wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:31 am
Is it just me, or is the scan significantly slower now in digital mode than before? I recall that a few updates back, it was at the same speed as analog scan.
I think this change occurred around the time when the RSSI bar started appearing even when DMR traffic was idle. I noticed that scan would significantly slow down while the RSSI bar was at around S1 to S2. But when it fell, digital scan sped up. In noisy environments, that would mean there would be a pause every now and then.
I'm not noticing any slowdown in the scan but perhaps it happens in noisy environments with a lot of QRM.

Post Reply