Update 6th March

VK3KYY

Update 6th March

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:36 am

I've updated the Latest version to include some recent changes in the Experimental versions and also to add some new features Daniel just added

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

Changes since the last release
  • Sound Options menu has been added (thanks to Daniel)
    This has all the options related to audio, which were in the Options screen.
    Additionally Daniel added the DMR Tx End Beep, and an option to enable either Start, End, Both or None for these beeps on DMR.
    Note. These beeps only work on DMR and are not transmitted via RF.

We do not currently have this function on FM, as the Star beep, is actually the Tx Permit beep, and is only valid on DMR.
    The end beep would be valid on FM, but I don't know if there is any use for a FM start beep, and also on FM the operator may want the option to transmit the beep via RF , so the options for this feature on FM would be more complex and hence has not been written.
  • The Colour Code filter removal system, now includes all the updates to make it works a bit better. Note. This feature is not intended for normal operation. Its only intended as a way to listen to stations using an unknown CC, and there is no guarantee the radio will lock on correctly and allow you to transmit back on the same CC that is received, especially if the signal is noisy or is not heard for very long.
  • This version also includes the fix for the VFO , "Up arrow" bug caused when VFO scanning in reverse direction.

One thing which I have realised that I accidently removed from the firmware is the RX CTCSS scan feature.
This feature shared the same menu option as the CC Scan, and when I removed the CC Scan function, I accidently removed this menu.

And I forgot to re-insert this code.

I'll try to remember to add the CTCSS tone scan back onto the next version

F1CXG

Re: Update 6th March

Post by F1CXG » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:15 am

Thanks Roger & .... Daniel ;)

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:58 am

thank you

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:05 am

Merci :mrgreen:

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:14 am

Perfect!
I see that you have adapted my solution to beep stop TX. Thanks for adding an option to the menu. This is how I learn how it is made and I can play around with it a bit. After a few days with the beep start and stop I think I can no longer live without them.

Now I will install your firmware to see if I like your tones more than mine. :mrgreen:

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am

Excellent Roger, but we are not on March 5th ? :D :D :D
Last edited by IK8JHL on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

IU5MGQ

Post by IU5MGQ » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am

Hi, is it possible to add the same option of DMR MIC GAIN [0->12dB if i remember correct] also for ANALOGIC MODE ?
Thank you Roger for your sublime work.
73s de IU5MGQ

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:39 am

IU5MGQ wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am
Hi, is it possible to add the same option of DMR MIC GAIN [0->12dB if i remember correct] also for ANALOGIC MODE ?
Thank you Roger for your sublime work.
73s de IU5MGQ
The FM chip does have some controls for this, but someone would need to experiment with the various settings to see which one works the best.

Take a look at https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... de-1.4.pdf and see if you can find which settings should be used to adjust the mic gain.

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:12 am

Its normal that after writing the codeplug, the sound functions reset? :?:

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am

some updates do reset the radio to ensure firmware changes work correctly