Update 1st March

EB3AM

Re: Update 1st March

Post by EB3AM » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm

I'm probably also going to add experimental support for the GD-77S only for Hotspot mode
I just thinking to buy a 77S for test... If you want a beta tester... :roll:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:41 pm

W1AEX wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:19 pm
Thank you Roger! I installed the "stable" version into both of my GD77 radios and both are behaving nicely. When I get my chores done today I'll install the experimental into one of the radios and play around with that.

Thanks for all the features and for all the time you are investing in the organization of the entire project. There is so much additional work you are doing in the background that many of us are unaware of. Thanks for everything.

73, Rob W1AEX
Thanks Rob

It does take a lot of time doing this, probably 10 hours over the weekend, as there are multiple things going on.

This weekend i worked on the new experimental features for the VFO scan function, as well as cleaning all the scan code and also bug fixing some bugs in the VFO scan that no one had noticed.

Daniel and I are now actively porting the firmware to other similar radios, firstly the Baofeng DM-1801 (aka DM-860,) and we will do a version for the GD-77S that just has Hotspot mode.

Daniel has also been porting the Windows utilities to Linux , which encrypt the firmware binary so it can be uploaded into the radios.

There are also some DM-1801 guys starting to analyse the hardware on that radio in more detail, in an attempt to help port the firmware to it.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 pm

EB3AM wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm
I'm probably also going to add experimental support for the GD-77S only for Hotspot mode
I don’t have a GD-77S so beta testers would be taking a small risk.

But I do have the schematic diagram for the GD-77S, so I think the risk is very low, because I will be able to confirm all the connections before I make the firmware

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:27 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 pm
EB3AM wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm
I don’t have a GD-77S so beta testers would be taking a small risk.

But I do have the schematic diagram for the GD-77S, so I think the risk is very low, because I will be able to confirm all the connections before I make the firmware
without risk, there is no victory :mrgreen: