Digital Contacts, FM Narrow indication and bug fixes

VK3KYY

Digital Contacts, FM Narrow indication and bug fixes

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:03 am

Today's update..
  • Thanks to Alex DL4LEX, the firmware can now access the Digital Contacts in the codeplug.
    This includes both the Group Call and Private call Contacts

To access the Digital contacts press # # #, then use the Up or Down arrows to cycle through the contacts and press Green to accept the Contact.

Although this functionality works fine, I think there will need to be some changes.
    Currently there is no indication of whether the Contact is a Group or Private call, apart from the name you assign to the Contact in the CPS.

Since adding the update from Alex, I had some thoughts about the functionality, and thing possibly that it may be better to access this function by pressing Function + # to access the Group Calls (TGs) and Function + # # to access the Private Calls

This would make the functionality similar to # to manually enter a TG and # # to manually enter a Private Call ID number.
  • Thanks to Andrew Jorgensen, the display has been improved so that FM Narrow band operation is now displayed as
    FMN and FM indicates normal FM 25kHz bandwidth
  • I also noticed a bug on FM, where pressing the left and right buttons didn't always seem to cause the squelch to open.
    The problem was a byproduct of a change I made last week, to stop the backlight constantly displaying in FM when the radio was receiving a signal, but unfortunately my change prevented the audio amplifier from being enabled sometimes.
    This was actually being caused by the beep function, but it was easier to fix the problem in the squelch control than it was to modify the beep.
This version can be downloaded from the usual Tier2Latest location, and in order to keep track on individual updates the link to this specific version is

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl