Update 21st Feb

VK3KYY

Update 21st Feb

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22 am

A new 'latest' version is now available.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

The changes since the last version are
  • Fix for the sharp cutoff of the DMR signal when there was QSB flutter on the signal. By me with input from Colin G4EML
  • Addition of Turkish Language support Thanks to Daniel and TA5AYX.
  • Updates to Italian, German and Catalan translations
  • Fix for backlight not triggering on the Last Heard, when the screen updates.

f6fzo

Re: Update 21st Feb

Post by f6fzo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:51 am

Bonjour roger
pour moi tous va bien !
merci
F6FZO Serge :mrgreen:

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:24 am

thanks to all

DG1FBA

Post by DG1FBA » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm

Great job, now I think the burst problem has been fixed.

Many Thanks!
73 de Markus

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:39 pm

The 2/21/2020 release is working fine with both of my radios. No digital bursts while listening through my zumspot or while scanning several local repeaters.

Nicely done! 73, Rob W1AEX

KV0A

Post by KV0A » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

I did find one super minor bug. It seems that in the options menu, once you scroll to the "Beep vol" item, it gets reset to 3dB as soon as it appears on the screen and if you previously had it turned down to -3 for example it is cranked up to 3dB and you have to turn it back down.

This seems too minor to open a PR on, and maybe it's specific to my CP or something, but let me know if I should open one.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:40 pm

KV0A wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:25 pm
Awesome! Thanks!

I did find one super minor bug. It seems that in the options menu, once you scroll to the "Beep vol" item, it gets reset to 3dB as soon as it appears on the screen and if you previously had it turned down to -3 for example it is cranked up to 3dB and you have to turn it back down.

This seems too minor to open a PR on, and maybe it's specific to my CP or something, but let me know if I should open one.
All settings get reset sometimes when you update to a new version. It depends on what changed.

This version did not force a reset in the settings, if you have updated from the previous 'latest' version, but if you havent updated for a while its likely to have reset the settings because it needed to.

I just tried changing that setting in my radio and power cycled and it was saved OK

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm

Umm

I think I'm now seeing the same problem.

Sometimes the beep volume gets set back to 3dB

I'll need to investigate why.

kd2lh

Hotspot mode fails Re: Update 21st Feb

Post by kd2lh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:53 am

Again, I'm seeing hotspot mode dump out with this version software.

I've attached two dmesg.txt files that both show the error, which occurs within a couple of minutes of booting Pi-Star.

These are for Daniel to see the USB port error that is triggering this.

Marc
Attachments
20200221_DMESG.zip
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

KV0A

Post by KV0A » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:48 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm
Sometimes the beep volume gets set back to 3dB
It's not that it doesn't get saved, but it gets reset to 3dB as soon as the menu option displays. Like change it to -3dB or something and exit the menu. It will get saved. but go back to the menu to change something else and as soon as that option is displayed it will reset to default. It's like whatever draws the menu option is fetching the value from the wrong place.

So It's like this executes:

Code: Select all

case OPTIONS_MENU_BEEP_VOLUME:// Beep volume reduction
				snprintf(buf, bufferLen, "%s:%ddB", currentLanguage->beep_volume, (2 - nonVolatileSettings.beepVolumeDivider) * 3);
				soundBeepVolumeDivider = nonVolatileSettings.beepVolumeDivider;
				break;
And something is up with that soundBeepVolumeDivider = nonVolatileSettings.beepVolumeDivider; like nonVolatileSettings.beepVolumeDivider no longer contains the correct value or something, and soundBeepVolumeDivider gets reset as soon as it displays.

Hmm... I just tinkered with it again and maybe it was only happening because I hadn't turned the power off yet so the settings had not gotten saved yet. perhaps the fix is to change (2 - nonVolatileSettings.beepVolumeDivider) * 3 to (2 - soundBeepVolumeDivider) * 3 and save/update the nonVolatileSettings elsewhere?

Not sure of the right solution since I'm not familiar enough with the code.....

Anyway it's not doing it anymore after I power cycled, though I'd sware I had power cycled it at least once before.

Edit:

Ok maybe I figured out what I was doing wrong. Maybe I hit the red key not the green key and this happened:

Code: Select all

else if (KEYCHECK_SHORTUP(ev->keys,KEY_RED))
	{
		// Restore original settings.
		memcpy(&nonVolatileSettings, &originalNonVolatileSettings, sizeof(settingsStruct_t));
		setMicGainDMR(nonVolatileSettings.micGainDMR);
		menuSystemPopPreviousMenu();
		return;
	}
So the settings got restored to their previous values, but soundBeepVolumeDivider was left the same. I think maybe the only thing missing is to reset soundBeepVolumeDivider = nonVolatileSettings.beepVolumeDivider after the memcpy()