Update 15th Feb

VK3KYY

Update 15th Feb

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 pm

A new latest version is now available...

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

This version includes the following new features and changes, since the last version
  • New DMR filtering level of Ts, Ct
    This allows you to hear stations you have entered into the digital Contacts, as Private Call contacts.
    Note. This has nothing to do with receiving Private Calls from anyone. Its just that individual Station ID's are always entered as Private Calls in the Digital Contact
  • Fix for the problem when the radio receives voice notifications from Brandmeister or DMR MARC servers in response to parrot calls or reflector control calls.
    e.g. Transmitting on TG4000 to disconnect from a reflector, causes BM to respond with a Private Call transmission from ID 4000.
    These special purpose Private Calls, caused the OpenGD77 Private Call accept screen to be triggered, which was undesirable.
    The firmware has now been modified, so that Private Calls using low ID numbers (below the range allocated to real stations) no longer trigger the Private Call acceptance screen
  • Technical fix to the DMR audio acceptance criteria caused by the skip_count variable not being used correctly. Mainly to fix a bug where the external speaker would click when the green LED came on regardless of whether the signal passed the TS or TG / Ct filtering.
  • Updates to various language translations, thanks to various contributors and to Daniel for submitting some PRs
  • Fixes from Daniel to the caller display, related to changing onto a channel where a there was already a DMR signal.

m1dyp

Re: Update 15th Feb

Post by m1dyp » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 pm

thanks very much all

M6SEU

Post by M6SEU » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:05 am

Again super job.
Many Thanks All.
Matt. :D

IU4LEG

Post by IU4LEG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:44 am

just installed, thanks guy's

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:26 pm

Seems to be working fine, thank you

G0NHF

Post by G0NHF » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Just a quick report on the latest firmware release... I’m experiencing a weird effect at the beginning of every transmission I receive on DMR. The only way I can describe it is it sounds like a woodpecker. It’s obviously some strange digital noise going on but it happens constantly. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks, Tony

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:11 pm

I also hear what Tony has reported on incoming private calls such as Parrot or TG4000. A soft digital burst for roughly a second when Parrot or TG4000 make the return call. I do not hear it on regular DMR chit-chat. I also find that while scanning DMR the radio will sometimes stop on a busy channel and instead of recovering audio it will produce a digital noise for the duration of time that the signal is present. I have never heard that before but it seems to be present on my radios with this release. It might be due to the way I have set up my codeplug to scan all the repeaters in a zone on TS1 and then scan all the repeaters on TS2.

73, Rob W1AEX

DG1YFX

Post by DG1YFX » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 pm

Yes, some weird noises. And in Hotspot mode sometimes it will not receive or transmit. Reverted back to the last version.

73s,
Jens

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:06 am

DG1YFX wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 pm
Yes, some weird noises. And in Hotspot mode sometimes it will not receive or transmit. Reverted back to the last version.

73s,
Jens
yes, same result here... hotspot crazy.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:42 am

Guys

Can you try these 2 versions, and let me know if either of them behave differently

I think this may be a case where a technical bug was actually making the firmware work better.

BTW. With the Parrot call etc, previously the beeps would have caused the first part of the call audio to be obscured.
I may need to separate things even more, but lets just try one thing at a time and see what has caused this
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]