Experimental TG filtering option

VK3KYY

Experimental TG filtering option

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am

I've noticed recently a lot of people seem to want to be able to filter by TG, so I've done an experimental version with this implemented.

In the "Filter:" Setting which previously only controls whether TS filtering is enabled, is an additional level of filtering "TS, TG".

NOTE.
This filters only only the currently selected TG, it does not filter on the Rx Group List, because we don't have a separate TG List (for Tx and Rx ) and and Rx List. However I think most people will just want to filer on one TG, rather than a group of TGs.

When this is selected, the radio will filter on both TS and TG.
Hence when there is traffic on a different TG, to the one selected, the Green LED will illuminate if there is traffic on the selected TS, but the display backlight will not come one and nothing will change on the display.

BTW.
I had a submission that just muted the audio of the TG didn't match, but the display was lighting up and the callsign etc was still displayed.
Currently I don't have this as an option, as I know most people don't want the display to light up etc, but it could be added as a Level 1 TG filer, and Level 2 could be what I have now implemented.

However the difficulty with this, is how to describe the level of filtering in the Filter: setting.

e.g. "TS, TG1" or "TS, TG2", but people may think the 1 and 2 relate to TG numbers....
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

IU4LEG

Re: Experimental TG filtering option

Post by IU4LEG » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:42 pm

thanks Roger, i will try this version this evening after the work.
73 de IU4LEG

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Testing, it seems to work fine.

It is an interesting option.
Scenario:
A DMO / Hotspot with Multiple users.
One user turned on a particular TG and another turned on a different TG.
You are listening to the DMO and you are listening to them both. But a TG may not interest you. Activate this option and you will only have audio of the selected tg.
Obviously, only one TG can be heard at a time. That does not change.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:20 pm

it works very well, in addition to the LED on, is it possible to view the TG where they are broadcasting? thanks Roger
Sal

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:52 pm

I've messed with this a bit this morning, seems to be functioning fine, I've tried a few random things to trip it up and it seems to be working well. I really wish it would show the caller and TG though, that information is great to know if you are curious what the activity is.

I'm a bit torn on only filtering the current TG. The current function is intuitive, you only hear what you're seeing, but at the same time most DMR users are used to an RX Group, and even though that has been renamed to TX Group with OpenGD77 I think it still makes sense for that to be the filter. Any channel in the current TX Group assigned to the channel.

Could possibly have filtering like "TS", "TS+TG", and "TS+TG All" or something, where "TG All" would be the current group, but for me I think filtering to the TX group would be what I'd use the most on my local repeater. This is certainly a great addition though, thank you!

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:38 pm

all great here, thanks

DG3GSP

Post by DG3GSP » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:33 pm

TG filter on RX works fine - many thanks :-)

But i miss in the contact-screen the function "contact list" - possible a bug?
Last edited by DG3GSP on Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi Roger,
VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am
I've noticed recently a lot of people seem to want to be able to filter by TG, so I've done an experimental version with this implemented.

In the "Filter:" Setting which previously only controls whether TS filtering is enabled, is an additional level of filtering "TS, TG".

NOTE.
This filters only only the currently selected TG, it does not filter on the Rx Group List, because we don't have a separate TG List (for Tx and Rx ) and and Rx List. However I think most people will just want to filer on one TG, rather than a group of TGs.

Hence when there is traffic on a different TG, to the one selected, the Green LED will illuminate if there is traffic on the selected TS, but the display backlight will not come one and nothing will change on the display.

BTW.
I had a submission that just muted the audio of the TG didn't match, but the display was lighting up and the callsign etc was still displayed.
Currently I don't have this as an option, as I know most people don't want the display to light up etc, but it could be added as a Level 1 TG filer, and Level 2 could be what I have now implemented.

However the difficulty with this, is how to describe the level of filtering in the Filter: setting.

e.g. "TS, TG1" or "TS, TG2", but people may think the 1 and 2 relate to TG numbers....
Why not reverse DMR (in header) when TG filtering is OFF, like TS does (yeah, DMR isn't a TG ;) )

Cheers.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Hi Roger,
F1RMB wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Hi Roger,
VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am

NOTE.

BTW.

Why not reverse DMR (in header) when TG filtering is OFF, like TS does (yeah, DMR isn't a TG ;) )

Cheers.
Yeah, I also think the HT should stay "silent" as possible when TG filtering is ON (just the green LED, and RSSI updates). After all, if you turn filtering ON, it's to filter, otherwise you just turn OFF the filtering, and set audio volume to 0.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

I1KDO

Post by I1KDO » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Nice .... inserting a TG Group from the keyboard with the # you filter only that .. fantastic work Roger
73 Lorenzo