Update 4th Feb

VK3KYY

Re: Update 4th Feb

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:39 pm

F6GVE wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:11 pm
It seems (at least to me) that this firmware had corrupted my code plug.
Just after updating I could not receive any longer some TG's from one of my hotspot.
I have then downgraded to a previous version of the firmware and it was the same.
I have then restored my codeplug and everything went ok back.

Luc
Did you read the codeplug from the radio using the CPS to check what had changed ?

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Another copy running...

thanks! :roll:

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:18 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:39 pm
F6GVE wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:11 pm
It seems (at least to me) that this firmware had corrupted my code plug.
Just after updating I could not receive any longer some TG's from one of my hotspot.
I have then downgraded to a previous version of the firmware and it was the same.
I have then restored my codeplug and everything went ok back.

Luc
Did you read the codeplug from the radio using the CPS to check what had changed ?
I didn't think about it at the time.
I sent my codeplug to Daniel. I forgot to say to him that I was listenning on channel "Hotspot_437"
I could ear TG20883, which was the one the GD77 was set on, but I could not receive two others TG that the hotspot transmitted alternatively
And my hotspot ID is 208109903

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:37 pm

F6GVE wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:18 pm
I didn't think about it at the time.

I do the same thing.

When something goes wrong, I just try to fix it, by reloading etc, rather than taking a snapshot of the problem when it exists.

If it happens again, could you backup the EEPROM and Flash as well as read the codeplug. However I think it may be one of those random occurrences.

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm

You are right. I was doing several things at the same time, this is why I didn't think to do so at the moment
And I must be honest, (please don't send me tomatoes on the face, I love you :) ), I just wanted to do a quick try before downgrading to a previous version of the firmware, the last one whith the old display. I like much more better than the last line displays the channel. When scanning my two hotspots + repeater, it is useful to see which channel is in use. For my use, the old display was perfect.
But the least I can do is to check if this bug is repetitive if you ask me to do this, and backup EEPROM Flash and codeplug, in case I'm not alone with this possible bug.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:28 am

F6GVE wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm
...version of the firmware, the last one whith the old display. I like much more better than the last line displays the channel. When scanning my two hotspots + repeater, it is useful to see which channel is in use. For my use, the old display was perfect.
I agree. I also like the lower line of the display to show the channel name.

I also think displaying the "DMR ID: XXXX" text is pointless, and I don't see why BM send this at all.
We could filter this so that if the TA contains "DMR ID: " then the text is ignored.

However, this would not totally fix the problem of the lower line being used, because I think the display now just puts the callsign on one line and the other text on the bottom line.

An alternative is possibly to use some sort of "ticker tape" system, but because we still have some problems with display corruption, then updating the display every 1 second to change the "ticker tape" display make make this worse.

KB8AOB

Post by KB8AOB » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:52 am

GREAT THANKS!!!

SP2ONG

Post by SP2ONG » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 am

Hi Roger
VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:28 am

I also think displaying the "DMR ID: XXXX" text is pointless, and I don't see why BM send this at all.
We could filter this so that if the TA contains "DMR ID: " then the text is ignored.
The Brandmesiter default sends Talker Alias for all users and defaults TA is contained from SelfCare "APRS Text" where-is "DMR ID: xxxxx" where xxxx is DMRiD user.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:54 am

SP2ONG wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 am
Hi Roger

The Brandmesiter default sends Talker Alias for all users and defaults TA is contained from SelfCare "APRS Text" where-is "DMR ID: xxxxx" where xxxx is DMRiD user.
Yes. I know this is the default, but IMHO this is a waste of space on the display. The DMR ID is not very important, its the callsign which is important.

Daniel has done a PR to remove the DMR ID if its in the TA, and I think this should be the default.

SP2ONG

Post by SP2ONG » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:30 am

Hi Roger

I agree with you that DMR ID information in TA is not needed and it is waste of space on the display.