- Posts: 1656
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
I'm probably taking a bit of flyer with this version, but as the experimental version I posted 2 days ago seems to be OK, I've decided to release that version plus a load more caching improvement written by Daniel.
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl
Hopefully this version is stable, but as ever let me know if its not, and you can always reload the previous version
These are the main changes since I last released a 'latest' version.
- Bug fix to Colour Code setting in the Hotspot (Daniel)
- Improved channel scanning from (EA3IHI)
- Fix'es for CW ID in Hotspot mode (Daniel)
- Blink the mode display (DMR / FM) whilst scanning (Daniel and Roger)
- Hotspot mode . Display when transmitting CW ID (Daniel)
- Major rework of the TG and DMR ID / Callsign display system by using caching and optimisation (Daniel and Roger)
- Changes to compiler optimisation (Roger)
- Use of lower memory area for memory buffers (Roger)
Thanks again to Daniel, and David and everyone who has tested the interim versions.
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 am
- Location: Philippines
Thanks, Roger. Trying this out today.
Angelo, 4I1RAC / N2RAC
Brandmeister Philippines support team
- 51518 crosslinked to DX1ARM 431.600 MHz Fusion repeater, Metro Manila
- 98977 Opengd77
- 515 Philippines
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:55 am
Thanks to everyone involved!
now testing it...
73, Joerg DO4CZ
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:23 am
- Location: JN61VG
after about 1 hour of operation no problem detected, thanks
- Posts: 335
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.
73 de Ken
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am
From a few hour of test its all ok , its stable and fast...
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:24 am
- Location: GRENOBLE (France)
Always better and better !!!!
73 de Thierry
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:17 am
Everything works fine. The only note to make is that the CPS takes only 16 ID characters max, insufficient to display name and surname. 73
Last edited by ik7ejc
on Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 am
Minor bug, and probably not new, but noticed when eyeballing the new flashing identifier bits scanning.
Shouldn't scan when there's only one channel in a zone. I have my hotspot in its own zone and noticed today it appears that it'll scan there. It doesn't cause any problems that I can tell however. I can log this in github if you want to track it there.
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:00 pm
- Location: Connecticut, USA
I loaded the Jan 29 Update into both of my radios this morning and both radios have been doing a mix of DMR and FM scanning without any apparent issues. While DMR scanning the TG and call signs have displayed promptly when the scan stops on activity. Looks like things are working very well with this release.
73, Rob W1AEX