HB3XPL

Re: Update 18th Jan

Post by HB3XPL » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 am

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 am
Hi,
HB3XPL wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:04 am
Hello i installed this dash update but i get M1ABC callsign in the banner's how can i put in my own callsign ????
Thanks
You have to go in Configuration, and press "Apply Changes" button.
Ok working thanks

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:23 am

HB3XPL wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 am
F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 am
Hi,
HB3XPL wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:04 am
Hello i installed this dash update but i get M1ABC callsign in the banner's how can i put in my own callsign ????
Thanks
You have to go in Configuration, and press "Apply Changes" button.
Ok working thanks
Just for information, it's exactly the same when official Pi-Star dashboard get updated, as config/config.php and config/ircddblocal.php get overridden in the process, so callsign and timezone are reset to default values).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

W1RHS

Post by W1RHS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 am
W1RHS wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:47 am
After installing Daniel's files everything seems to work fine. If I select CAST the GD77 displays as expected. If I return to my Nextion screen the live log displays a continuous stream of these:
W: 2020-01-20 04:44:40.369 Received a NAK from the MMDVM, command = 0x80, reason = 1

If I run the command to return to the stock files the behavior in the log continues.
Hi,

Serial passthrough (command 0x80, aka Nextion), isn't supported (you can't connect your nextion on the GD77 ;) ).
So, check if you selectect the right serial port in Pi-Star's configuration.

Cheers.
Thanks for responding Daniel. I understand CAST and Nextion can't be used at the same time. I have the Nextion Driver instaled and I am using AMA0 on the Pi for the serial IO to the Nextion because there is no HAT on the Pi. I can switch between CAST and Nextion but the 0x80 error comes up when I switch to Nextion and goes away on CAST. Even if I revert back to the stock Andy Taylor files they continue. I never noticed if they were there all along before I added your files. I checked and the Nextion port is /dev/ttyNextionDriver and the Nextion Driver port is /dev/ttyAMA0

When I bypass the NextionDriver and make the Nextion port point directly to /dev/ttyAMA0 the errors stop.

I tried reinstalling the Nextion Driver. I had v1.15 and it updated to 1.17 but no change with the 0x80 errors. They only come up when I enable the Nextion Driver. I will leave it disabled for now.

Thanks!
Rick, W1RHS

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:21 pm

W1RHS wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Thanks for responding Daniel. I understand CAST and Nextion can't be used at the same time. I have the Nextion Driver instaled and I am using AMA0 on the Pi for the serial IO to the Nextion because there is no HAT on the Pi. I can switch between CAST and Nextion but the 0x80 error comes up when I switch to Nextion and goes away on CAST. Even if I revert back to the stock Andy Taylor files they continue. I never noticed if they were there all along before I added your files. I checked and the Nextion port is /dev/ttyNextionDriver and the Nextion Driver port is /dev/ttyAMA0

When I bypass the NextionDriver and make the Nextion port point directly to /dev/ttyAMA0 the errors stop.

Thanks!
Rick, W1RHS
Well, I never used the NextionDriver. AFAIR, it's doing some tweaking at installation time.
Do you mind to share your /etc/mmdvmhost file (when it's configured for NextionDriver) ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel

W1RHS

Post by W1RHS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:21 pm
W1RHS wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Thanks!
Rick, W1RHS
Well, I never used the NextionDriver. AFAIR, it's doing some tweaking at installation time.
Do you mind to share your /etc/mmdvmhost file (when it's configured for NextionDriver) ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Sure. I will send in a PM so as not to fill up this thread.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:44 pm

W1RHS wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:44 pm
It looks like I can stop the errors by setting Enable Transparent Data to 0.
In which section ?

W1RHS

Post by W1RHS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 pm

In mmdvmhost Transparent Data section. The section was added as part of the Nextion Driver.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 pm

W1RHS wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 pm
In mmdvmhost Transparent Data section. The section was added as part of the Nextion Driver.
Ah, yes, looks strange. I've downloaded the NextDriverInstaller, and used NextionDriver_ConvertConfig script on my mmdvmhost config file. [Transparent Data] is not enabled.

But, is your nextion screen is working with transparent turned OFF ?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:54 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 pm
W1RHS wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 pm
Ah, yes, looks strange. I've downloaded the NextDriverInstaller, and used NextionDriver_ConvertConfig script on my mmdvmhost config file. [Transparent Data] is not enabled.

But, is your nextion screen is working with transparent turned OFF ?
Just a wild guess, did you installed the NextionDriver after selecting the CAST driver ?

W1RHS

Post by W1RHS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:55 pm

Yes my Nextion screen works with Transparent Data disabled.

This is probably the answer. Transparent Data is for Nextion connected to the serial pins on the HAT. With Transparent Data enabled the driver probably is still trying to communicate with the HAT and finds the GD-77 instead. Or the screen is polling for touch events on the modem port.

It may also be related to my screen being on AMA0 with no HAT. Usually people use the modem pins or USB.

Thanks for your help!

In the MMDVM.ini file, you must enable 'Transparent Data' and it's option 'SendFrameType', i.e. :

[Transparent Data]
Enable=1
RemoteAddress=127.0.0.1
RemotePort=40094
LocalPort=40095
SendFrameType=1
Then you can instruct NextionDriver to use the Transparent Data to connect to the display. This is done by setting the 'Port' option in the NextionDriver section of MMDVM.ini to 'modem'

[NextionDriver]
Port=modem