Experimental changes to code optimisation

VK3KYY
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:34 am

Guys,

Before I release this as the 'latest' version, I think its prudent if I release it as a experimental version.

The main differences between this version and the 16th, that make it experimental, is that I have changed the compiler optimisation on as many files as possible, so that parts of the firmware will run a bit faster; including the code that handles the DMR audio buffering and the beep, but I've also changed settings on some of the CPU SDK (software development kit) files from the CPU manufacturer (NXP).

There are still some quirks (bugs) in the source code, which prevent all the source files being optimised, so currently its a bit of a balancing act between enabling optimisation on as may files as possible without breaking the code and then having to track down quite complicated bugs.

I've also updated the development environment (IDE) on my PC and the SDK files, but this should not make any difference, because I know Daniel and possibly Alex have been using the newer IDE and SDK for quite along time.


This version has been running for me for around 2 days, but I don't use scanning that much, so the only way to really test it is to make it public ;-)
Attachments
OpenGD77_202001181455.sgl
(477.06 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

User avatar
m1dyp
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am
Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by m1dyp » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:37 am

hi, been running for about 1 hour now (scanning), all seems fine. will test hotspot at a more civil hour (6:35am here :) )
73 de Ken :D

User avatar
Ik0nwg
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:23 am
Location: JN61VG

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:07 am

all right from about 1 hour of operation including scan ... thanks
Sal
Sal Italy jn61vg

User avatar
m1dyp
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am
Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by m1dyp » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 am

all ok, hotspot mode great (blue dv), scanning great(analoue/digital combined), nothing out of the ordinary to report.
unable to test repeaters, as there are none in range :cry:
73 de Ken :D

User avatar
F1CXG
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:24 am
Location: GRENOBLE (France)

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by F1CXG » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:38 am

Nothing special either to report, everything seems Ok
73 de Thierry ;)

F6GVE
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:52 am

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by F6GVE » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:05 am

Globally It seems OK to me except a difference.
I am not sure 100% that this is specific to the experimental version as just here I am looking deep.
When scanning, the scanner stops on my local repeater even if it is only used on slot 2 though I set the GD77 on slot 1 (of course I set on TIER 2 option and I ear nothing)

I have no problem with the sound (with one of my GD77/openGD77, I have something wrong as I said on the forum). I don't know if the +4dB is implemented on this experimental version.

73. Luc

UW5ELK
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 am

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by UW5ELK » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:59 am

Думаю можно называть ее стабильной

EDIT from F1RMB: "I think you can call it stable"

User avatar
F1CXG
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:24 am
Location: GRENOBLE (France)

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by F1CXG » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:41 am

Спасибо Дэниел :D

Tnx Daniel
73 de Thierry ;)

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:55 am

F1CXG wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:41 am
Спасибо Дэниел :D

Tnx Daniel
No, Mr. Google Translate :D
73 de Daniel.

User avatar
KU4ZD
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:47 pm
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Contact:

Re: Experimental changes to code optimisation

Post by KU4ZD » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Seems to be working fine, I have not found any issues with it yet but will keep testing.

I did notice a couple of time on the local dmr repeater, while in the scan mode, durning a conversation. The screen would show a talk group and I'd but no audio was heard. When the transmittion was dropped, the next ham replyed the audio was heard again and the rest on both sides of the exchanges where heard fine.. the signal was fine and only happened twice on two different times while testing
Last edited by KU4ZD on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike KU4ZD

Post Reply