Update 9th Jan 2020

VK3KYY
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 am

I've uploaded a new "Latest" version and also updated the Stable version to be the previous Latest version.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

The main changes in this version are..
  • Hotspot mode fixes by Daniel, including a new setting on the Options screen to select Hotspot host type, to allow better compatibility with BlueDV
  • Talker Alias transmit. Written by me.
    This is turned off by default, and needs to be enabled in the Options screen if you want to use it.
    Notes.
    The Talker Alias text is taken directly from the Line1 and Line2 texts on the boot screen, and no spaces are added between those 2 texts.
    So you may need to add a space after the end of Line1 in the CPS if you have text in Line2.
    I do not add spaces, so that the individual users can make the best use of the limited number of characters that are available and perhaps put their callsign and name on Line1 and their location on Line2.
    The maximum number of characters that will be sent is 27.

    Most Motorola repeaters seem to have problems if you transmit Talker Alias data.

    Its unclear at the moment what Brandmeister does if you transmit Talker Alias data. BM seems to use its own data from the APRS section of the SelfCare page first and may append the Talker Alias data that you transmit. But we are really not sure how BM handles the TA data.
BTW. There are existing discussion topics for both the Hotspot mode and the Talker Alias

https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=82
and
https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=435

IK8JHL
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am

I'm trying this version with Bluedv, but it doesn't work well, I tried to set both MMDVM and Bluedv, I put the last OpenGD77_202001081444_TA_Tx.sgl back and it works again :!: :?:

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 am

Hi,
IK8JHL wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am
I'm trying this version with Bluedv, but it doesn't work well, I tried to set both MMDVM and Bluedv, I put the last OpenGD77_202001081444_TA_Tx.sgl back and it works again :!: :?:
Can you give me more details about your BlueDV setup and problems ?.
Also, don't set HS mode to MMDVM while using with BlueDV.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

IU4LEG
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by IU4LEG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 am

hello all, thank you for the new release.
does this version include Colin's changes from the OpenGD77_202001061720_g4eml_timeslot_changes.sgl release to resolve the wrong timeslot transmission?

User avatar
YT5HOK
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:36 am
Location: Belgrade, KN04FR

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by YT5HOK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:59 am

Daniel, there is no bold DMR "notice" of HS mode being activated on boot in latest FW. Should there be one, as it was in your test build from 7. January? Does it maybe mean that not all the fixes were included in latest FW?
Marko

VK3KYY
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:09 am

IU4LEG wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 am
hello all, thank you for the new release.
does this version include Colin's changes from the OpenGD77_202001061720_g4eml_timeslot_changes.sgl release to resolve the wrong timeslot transmission?
Yes. It includes Colin's change to improve TimeSlot synchronisation on Tx.

And, all Changes that were pending on github, except .. a technical change from Colin associated with SPI clock edge with the data bus to the C6000, because this change is non-essential and is still in testing.

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Marko,
YT5HOK wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:59 am
Daniel, there is no bold DMR "notice" of HS mode being activated on boot in latest FW. Should there be one, as it was in your test build from 7. January? Does it maybe mean that not all the fixes were included in latest FW?
Héhé :)

That is something I use in my personnal builds, I don't think Roger would like it, this is why it's not part of the official builds.
I see you noticed that bold notifier :D

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

IK8JHL
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 am

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by IK8JHL » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:49 am

F1RMB wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 am
Hi,
IK8JHL wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am
I'm trying this version with Bluedv, but it doesn't work well, I tried to set both MMDVM and Bluedv, I put the last OpenGD77_202001081444_TA_Tx.sgl back and it works again :!: :?:
Can you give me more details about your BlueDV setup and problems ?.
Also, don't set HS mode to MMDVM while using with BlueDV.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
At the moment I can only try with Bluedv windows 1.0.0.9572, this evening I will try also on MMDVM. In Hotspot mode it no longer transmits with the latest version, the one tested yesterday works perfectly...
I have tryed to set Bluedv and MMDVM on OpenGD77
Last edited by IK8JHL on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

IU4LEG
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by IU4LEG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:09 am
IU4LEG wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 am
hello all, thank you for the new release.
does this version include Colin's changes from the OpenGD77_202001061720_g4eml_timeslot_changes.sgl release to resolve the wrong timeslot transmission?
Yes. It includes Colin's change to improve TimeSlot synchronisation on Tx.

And, all Changes that were pending on github, except .. a technical change from Colin associated with SPI clock edge with the data bus to the C6000, because this change is non-essential and is still in testing.
Ok thank you Roger, I will try this release this evening after the work.

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Update 9th Jan 2020

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:47 am

Hi Francesco,
IK8JHL wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:49 am
F1RMB wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 am
Hi,
IK8JHL wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am
I'm trying this version with Bluedv, but it doesn't work well, I tried to set both MMDVM and Bluedv, I put the last OpenGD77_202001081444_TA_Tx.sgl back and it works again :!: :?:
Can you give me more details about your BlueDV setup and problems ?.
Also, don't set HS mode to MMDVM while using with BlueDV.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
At the moment I can only try with Bluedv windows 1.0.0.9572, this evening I will try also on MMDVM. In Hotspot mode it no longer transmits with the latest version, the one tested yesterday works perfectly...
I have tryed to set Bluedv and MMDVM on OpenGD77
Okay, I found a bug which is BlueDV (Windows) specific. I've added a work around, do you want to test it ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel
73 de Daniel.

Post Reply