Latest update - December 14th

SQ7PTE

Re: Latest update - December 14th

Post by SQ7PTE » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:49 am

Roger. Once again, I will point out that there is no such problem in version 0.0.6.
greetings

SQ7PTE

Post by SQ7PTE » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:24 pm

My insights after changing to new software:
It's bad - BER got 0.6-0.8%
The voice (modulation) of the correspondent is slightly different, hoarse.
For now, these two observations. Time will tell what else I notice.

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Roger,

I just flashed to the Dec 14 2019 [27fdd65] "newer" firmware release and now 2 meter DMR transmit and receive seems to work fine with both of my GD77's. No anomalies noted with any of my usual operations (analog and DMR scanning, private calls, chatting on repeaters directly or through the zumspot) with either of my radios. Thanks for all the work that was done on this!

73, Rob W1AEX

kd2lh

Private Calls Re: Latest update - December 14th

Post by kd2lh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Has anyone tried calling a contact with a PRIVATE rather than GROUP ID using this new firmware.

The GD77 will receive a private call from another radio, but when it transmits I think it's marking it as a GROUP ID.

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Marc,

I've had some extended private calls (PRIVATE ID) with a few friends today and have not seen that issue.

Once in awhile, 15 or 20 minutes after completing a private call or a parrot call I will get a very random PRIVATE CALL confirmation alert with the YES or NO dialog on the screen with the 9990 parrot ID or the other station's ID. I think it only happens if I'm scanning after completing the PC. It seems to go away on its own after a few seconds and the scan resumes without any user intervention. Not a big deal, and I have seen that behavior with earlier releases.

73, Rob W1AEX

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:23 pm

W1AEX wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Once in awhile, 15 or 20 minutes after completing a private call or a parrot call I will get a very random PRIVATE CALL confirmation alert with the YES or NO dialog on the screen with the 9990 parrot ID or the other station's ID. I think it only happens if I'm scanning after completing the PC. It seems to go away on its own after a few seconds and the scan resumes without any user intervention. Not a big deal, and I have seen that behavior with earlier releases.

73, Rob W1AEX
I have observed that same behavior after making a call to parrot. A long time after making the call. But it's very random.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 pm

This is probably being caused because of the way the radio stores the calls in the Last Heard system.

The display of callsigns and ID's and the PC alert uses the data at the top of the Last Heard list.

So what is probably happening, is that in scanning somehow the DMR system is triggering with a false positive, perhaps TG0 or PC0, and the Last Heard system is rejecting it, as its TG0, but somewhere else in the system is picking but the trigger and then using the Last Heard data.

I think using the Last Heard list is OK, but I'll need to debug why one part of the system thinks there has been a valid DMR signal , when the Last Heard has rejected it as being invalid.

kd2lh

Post by kd2lh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:27 pm

I have the digital ID defined as a private IDs for Parrot and my own Radio ID. When I make a call into a hotspot, it shows up as Group 9990 instead of a private call. When I call another radio configured for private ID on the same channel (direct) the radio with OpenGD77 won't open squelch, but the other radio receiving from OpenGD77 will.

I've gone back to stock firmware and it does work properly. I've also verified with the latest OpenGD77 CPS that the radio is configured for a private ID contact on those channels. Using the Dec 14th Firmware.

This seems so basic that others must be experiencing it.

DD1LBM

Re: Private Calls Re: Latest update - December 14th

Post by DD1LBM » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:12 am

kd2lh wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:32 pm
The GD77 will receive a private call from another radio, but when it transmits I think it's marking it as a GROUP ID.
Yes, I can confirm this behaviour.

Also another issue, whereat I am unsure if it is misbehaviour of the firmware or my own dumbness to configure it all properly. When there is traffic on static TC on my Jumbospot, the radio ends my PC abruptly and won't let me go back to it..
I'm not sure whether it is a firmware problem, a codeplug problem or if I had setup the pi-star wrong.

VK3KYY

Re: Private Calls Re: Latest update - December 14th

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:55 am

DD1LBM wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:12 am
kd2lh wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:32 pm
Yes, I can confirm this behaviour.

Also another issue, whereat I am unsure if it is misbehaviour of the firmware or my own dumbness to configure it all properly. When there is traffic on static TC on my Jumbospot, the radio ends my PC abruptly and won't let me go back to it..
I'm not sure whether it is a firmware problem, a codeplug problem or if I had setup the pi-star wrong.
Alex sent me a fix for some private call problems

You could try the version I just posted to the Hotspot thread, which has a fix for a hotspot bug, but also includes an update I included earlier today from Alex for some Private Call problems

See
https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=311#p2479