Latest update

VK3KYY

Latest update

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:52 am

The Latest version has been updated.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

Changes are ...
  • Talkgroups entered as a manual override by entering their number are now looked up in the Digital Contacts and if in the Contacts, the Contact name is used instead of the number (Thanks to Alex)
  • Visual display of a manually entered TG, as a box is drawn around the TG or Contact name (Thanks to Alex)
  • Addition of FM CTCSS Scan and DMR ColourCode Scan feature in the VFO.
    In FM mode, this feature scans though the normal CTCSS tone values and detects if the signal is transmitting a CTCSS and if so sets the radio to use that CTCSS for both Rx and Tx.
    In DMR mode this checks all DMR Colour Codes and set the radio to the ColourCode that the signal is being transmitted on
    (Thanks to Colin for this... Bug fixed by me)
  • Changes to the Channel mode Scan feature to reduce time spent on the "Skip"ed channels, and also slightly increases the scan speed (Thanks to me!)
  • Default squelch values for VHF, UHF and 220Mhz bands, which will be used when a custom squelch value has not been applied to a specific channel (Thanks to me). Note this change actually required a lot of structuring of the code, to start to support 220Mhz more in the future.
  • Change to the VFO quick menu, so that the VFO A/B selection is the default item in the list and also added a function so that pressing the Orange button when the VFO A/B item is selected, that swaps between VFO A and B and then closes the menu.
    This means that to change VFO, you now just need to press the Orange button twice, which makes it much easier to change VFO (Thanks to me)
  • Removal of "CC" from the DMR Filter, as this does not appear to be technically possible at the moment (Thanks to me)
  • Bug fix to the DMR ID / TG display to reduce the instances when the TG 0 or the old TG is displayed. (Thanks to me). Note this fix didn't fix the problem some people are encountering where the TG is always displayed as TG 0.
  • Bug fix for incoming Private Call notification, when from Parrot etc (Thanks to me with help from Colin)
  • Updates to various languages.
Also, some changes that will not be noticeable
  • Changes to the handling of button and key events in the menu's. (Thanks to Daniel, bug fix by me)
  • Changes to the keypad, key scanning system in an attempt to resolve the keypad lockup - however this does not actually seem to have fixed the problem for everyone
  • Improvements to the localisation system
  • etc!

Some of these features have already been rolled out as part of other special test versions, so not all of these changes may appear to be new.

There has also been a small update to the OpenGD77 CPS, so that the screengrab feature now adds a light blue background and doubles the image size.
(Thanks to Daniel with some fixes by me)

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... taller.exe

W0RMT

Re: Latest update

Post by W0RMT » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:03 am

Nice lot of changes, Roger. Installed and testing now. Thanks-

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:01 am

It looks like the changes to tidy up the passing of events into a structure instead of individual variables, has somehow caused the scan to crash.

The last working commit appears to be f59417363c967c2b0591c7f3288c466c40753314

I will probably push that as Latest, but it doesn't include the changes to the Orange key functions and some people reported DMR scanning not working.

But I'll see if I can fix the bug quickly first.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:04 am

OK

I can see what the problem is.

handleUpKey(ui_event_t *ev)

expects a ui_event struct pointer but is passed zero (0) by the scanning function

It should be easy to fix.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:15 am

OK

Its now fixed, and the link to the SGL file has been updated.

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:19 am

Installed the new update, and the scanning appears to work as intended. No crash now. That was a quick fix!

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:25 am

W0RMT wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:19 am
Installed the new update, and the scanning appears to work as intended. No crash now. That was a quick fix!
I use a sort of binary search technique on the commits since the last known working version build each one to see if the bug existed in that commit

Then once I know where the bug was introduced, Its easier to work out what the problem was.

In this case I also guessed what was wrong, based on what changes have been made via PR this morning ;-)

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:30 am

thank you, as usual all good here, awesome
Attachments
test7.png
test7.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 5945 times

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:36 am

m1dyp wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:30 am
thank you, as usual all good here, awesome
Its OK.

You were asleep when I released the first attempt today, where the scanning crashed ;-)

But it wasn't too difficult to track down and fix what had caused things to break.

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:38 am

hi roger, yes i read all that before downloading, great update