Latest version has been updated

VK3KYY

Latest version has been updated

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 am

As Alex has now done a fix for the keypad lockup, I've decided to update the "Latest" version on github

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

This should include all the various changes that have been going on in parallel for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

The only current omission is the Danish language support, as I still need to check it does not overflow the text buffers due to the lengths of the translated texts.

Note.

This version will allow Rx from 200Mhz - 260Mhz, and will transit if the Band Limits are turned off, however although it should be using the VHF calibration values for power and also for the DMR deviation etc, someone already reported that the power output on the 220Mhz band was very low, so there may be something wrong with the calibration for that band

There isnt any calibration data for that band, hence the code should be using the VHF calibration data (by design), however I think it should be possible to append another block of calibration data after the end of the existing calibration data block, possibly using the same structure as the UHF data, but I'd need to modify the CPS.

DU2XXR

Re: Latest version has been updated

Post by DU2XXR » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:51 am

Just curious, is the "master" branch Tier 2 compliant already? Seems the builds of the "Tier 2 Alpha" branch on Github are farther in between. I haven't used my GD77 in hotspot mode, and there are a couple of DMR repeaters in my area, which I'd like to try to use on TS2.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:00 am

I'll need to remove the Tier2 Alpha is the old version.

Its been superseded by Tier2 Stable.

I also have Tier2 Latest which is the less stable version, but recently it has been so unstable and fast moving that I didnt even update the Tier2 latest as about 5 versions per day were being created.

However, I have now update the "Latest" as I think its stable enough to be considered for being called the "Stable" version

DU2XXR

Post by DU2XXR » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:28 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:00 am
I'll need to remove the Tier2 Alpha is the old version.

Its been superseded by Tier2 Stable.

I also have Tier2 Latest which is the less stable version, but recently it has been so unstable and fast moving that I didnt even update the Tier2 latest as about 5 versions per day were being created.

However, I have now update the "Latest" as I think its stable enough to be considered for being called the "Stable" version
Thank you for the update. Would like to try the latest Tier2 versions soon. The ones on Github were older versions and it feels a lot different :) .

F1CXG

Post by F1CXG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:58 am

The "latest" of the top of the page is a version of 11 27 ;)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 am

Sorry

My fault

I failed to Push

Its updated now

Please try again

F1CXG

Post by F1CXG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:35 am

It's Ok now, tnx Roger :)

DU2XXR

Post by DU2XXR » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi Roger,

Any chance the latest/stable Tier2 binaries would also be available, as you mentioned earlier?

kd2lh

Post by kd2lh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:36 pm

I've loaded the latest Dec 2/3 version.

This version leaves Pi-Star locked up in "Transmit" after transmissions originating from the VOIP infrastructure (Brandmeister). I'm also intermittently hearing repeated momentary dropout that may be related to packet size.

It will run for a period of time without problems, but then Pi-Star stops leaving it's red "TX" indicator on. The radio is not in transmit at this point.