Contacts enhancement and bug fixes

VK3KYY

Contacts enhancement and bug fixes

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:20 am

I've uploaded a new OpenGD77_latest to the usual location.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... latest.sgl

This version has Colin's (G4EML)'s addition of the Nuisance channel exclusion during a Scan which is accessed by pressing the Down arrow key when the scan has stopped on a busy channel.

It also has an enhancement from Alex DL4LEX, so that when I Private Contact is added, if the DMR ID is in the DMR ID database, the name of the Contact is taken from the Callsign and name in the DMR ID data.
Also Private Contacts can now be deleted by pressing Function + Red when the PC contact in question is highlighted in the Contacts List

Additionally, I have fixed a bug in DMR on the Channel screen, where changing channel could result in no TG being selected, and this bug also caused the TS to be incorrectly set to TS 1.

This bug is a bit difficult to explain, but here goes.

If you have multiple Rx Group lists, but they contain different numbers of Contacts (TG), then because the Channel remembers the position into the Rx Group, to access the Contact you last selected using the Right or Left arrows..

This can result when changing to a Channel which has a very small Rx Group list assigned to it, that the current position in the list is beyond the end of the list for the Channel.

e.g.

Rx Group 1 = TG1 TG2, TG3, TG4
Rx Group 2 = TG5

Channel 1 uses Rx Group 1
Channel 2 uses Rx Group 2

While on Channel 1 I press the Right arrow to step thought to TG4 (this is the 4th item in the Rx Group)
I then switch to Channel 2, which only has 1 TG in the Rx Group

Hence when the firmware tries to access item 4 from Rx Group 2, it does not exist.

This would previously result in no TG being displayed, and has much worse side effects, as the TG for an empty contact would be TG 0 which is not a TG that most networks accept.

One way to fix this is to reset the index into the Rx Group, when you change channel, if the index is beyond the end of the Rx Group list for the current channel

But this is not ideal, as if you have a mix of channels in the same zone, some with one Rx Group and some with another e.g. 1 Rx Group for BM and one for DMR+, because the TG will keep getting reset to the first Contact in the list.

Hence when scanning the index would get set back to the first Contact in the Rx Group.

So....

My solution is to use the primary Contact for the Channel if the index into the Rx Group is beyond the end of the Rx Group.

This means the index does not get moved, and those channels which have shorter Rx Groups, probably use the most important Contact for that Channel

DG3GSP

Re: Contacts enhancement and bug fixes

Post by DG3GSP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:48 am

I have now a problem with my contacts and grouplist: my contact 001 is TG262, it´s allways in the grouplist (and worked before the dev. update).
Now it´s showing TG9 (which is not in my contacts nor grouplist..).

I retry to upload the cp - doesn't help..

P.S: found a minor bug in the Menu->Battery screen: If you set the timeout in the Display option to 5, the Battery screen blinks in 5 seconds interval

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:57 am

Can you zip your codeplug and attach it to a post

The reason TG's can now show up as TG9 is supposed to be only when there is a problem accessing a TG number, that is out of range, but I probably made a mistake with the range testing

Can you go back to the previous version of firmware

DG3GSP

Post by DG3GSP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:10 am

I make a downgrade to the stable firmware, but now i can´t read or write the codeplug - the radio reboots instantly..
CPS is the actual version.

Maybe I brick the Codeplug in the radio - none contacts are now in the zone :shock:

I will send you the codeplug via PM

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:15 am

Try the previous version CPS.

Perhaps this version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... taller.exe

DG3GSP

Post by DG3GSP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Roger,

enclosed my codeplug that worked before the dev update.

P.S. PM can´t have attachments.. sorry

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:29 am

DG3GSP wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 am
Hi Roger,

enclosed my codeplug that worked before the dev update.

P.S. PM can´t have attachments.. sorry
Thanks.

Go back to the previous firmware and previous CPS until I have worked out what is causing the problem.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:32 am

That codeplug only has 1 channel and it does not have a Rx Group or a Contact assigned to the Channel.

Were you always using Manual entry of TG ????

Set the Rx Group to GroupList1 and set the Contact to TG262

I'm surprised that codeplug ever worked.

Really its a bug in the CPS that allows a Digtal Channel with Contact set to "None" - this should never be allowed

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:41 am

Also

Check the VFO A in the codeplug, make sure it has a Rx Group and a Contact

DG3GSP

Post by DG3GSP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:47 am

The previous CPS works - thanks a lot :)

Originally I had set Rx Group to GroupList1, maybe i misaligned the settings .. sorry Roger