VK3KYY

Re: DMR filtering by CC TS and TG

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:05 pm

W0RMT wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:22 pm
This is currently intentional.

I think until this is stable, its better if it gets cleared by a reboot.
Makes sense.

As far as CC filtering, I can't think of use case where I would want to remove that.
When VFO scanning is implemented, it would be useful, but I can't think of any other reasons

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 am

Guys

I've made some more changes to the DMR monitor system, to incorporate it into the VFO as well as the Channel screen.

I've also included the Monitor level and also the Monitor timeout as settings which will be saved and restored when the radio is turned on and off.

At the moment the only available options are "CC,TS" and "CC" i.e turning off TS means its not filtering on TS (only on CC)

So that there is some indication that this mode is enabled, the "TS1" / "TS2" text at the top of the screen is shown in inverse video when this mode is enabled.

I did initially try changing this text to "TS12" (as suggested by Colin) and also to "TS*" and making it inverse video, but I realised that the operator still needed to know which TS the radio was going to transmit on, when TS filtering is disabled.

So in the end, I changed the firmware back to the normal display of "TS1" or "TS2" but use inverse video when the radio is listening on both TS
DMR_monitor_TS1.png
DMR_monitor_TS1.png (1 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
DMR_monitor_TS2.png
DMR_monitor_TS2.png (1 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
DMR_monitor_CC.png
DMR_monitor_CC.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
DMR_monitor_timeout.png
DMR_monitor_timeout.png (1.37 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
Also.
As I was updating the VFO quick menu, I thought I may as well, but in an option to use the other VFO (VFO B)

i.e The CPS defines 2 VFO's but previously the "VFO" in the OpenGD77 was always "VFO A", with this change, you can switch whether the "VFO" is "VFO A" or "VFO B", using the Quick menu.
VFO_A.png
VFO_A.png (1.05 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
VFO_B.png
VFO_B.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 5196 times

As this is all quite experimental. I don't want to upload it to the "Latest" version yet.

However I have attached it to this post
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:06 am

I've discovered a bug in this.

If you transmit, the Capture timer times out, so that when you release the PTT, the capture will start again, and its possible it will lock onto a different TS.

I have designed a fix but need to test it.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 am

This version, sets the captured TS and the capture timer at the end every DMR transmission, to hold on the Tx TS for the capture timeout.

I've also found the a 5 sec timeout for the DMR monitor is probably a little bit too short and that 10 seconds may be a better default timeout
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:56 am

Roger,

Leaving monitor mode active on dual timeslot after transmitting could cause a lot of confusion with people potentially swapping time slots without realising.

I would have thought that if you press the PTT the timeslot should be locked and Monitor mode should be reset to single timeslot. Pretty much like scanning is cancelled if you transmit.

In fact maybe even pressing the blue button to capture the timeslot and talkgroup should cancel the monitor mode as it indicates you are intending to start a QSO.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Colin

Yes. I think you are right.

I had intended pressing PTT to chance the monitor mode, but I made a mistake in the code.

My change in the latest version I posted, works Ok, But I agree it’s probably better that this behaves like scanning does, and disables monitor mode

I will change the code so that either pressing the PTT or the blue button disables it

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm

Colin

I'm now not sure about this.

In the official firmware and on the MD-380 Tools, if you put it into promiscuous mode it stays in that mode until you turn it off.
I'm not sure what radios like the Anytone do ?

With my change to hold on the current TS when Tx ends, I don't have any problems having a QSO with the DMR Mon turned on.

I think I'll release it, in the current form, and get some user feedback about whether people want it to turn off if they press PTT or press the Blue button.

W0RMT

Post by W0RMT » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm
Colin

I'm now not sure about this.

In the official firmware and on the MD-380 Tools, if you put it into promiscuous mode it stays in that mode until you turn it off.
I'm not sure what radios like the Anytone do ?

With my change to hold on the current TS when Tx ends, I don't have any problems having a QSO with the DMR Mon turned on.

I think I'll release it, in the current form, and get some user feedback about whether people want it to turn off if they press PTT or press the Blue button.
The Anytone stays in digital monitor mode until you actively turn it off. Keying up while it is in digital monitor will key on the channel/TS/TG that you have set independent of digital monitor.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:58 pm

Thanks

Leaving it on works OK for me.

BTW. I've updated the OpenGD77_latest.sgl file on github, but its basically the same as the file I posted here.

The only change is to default the Monitor time to 10 secs as 5 may be a bit short

People can always change the timout if 10 is too long

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:44 am

This version has now been loaded to OpenGD77_latest.sgl