New ongoing "Development" version has been created

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 am

Hi Sal

Did you calibrate the power in your radio for the 1W and 5W power settings, using the Calibration screen in the CPS?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:46 am

I've created another Development release to fix some bugs in yesterday's version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.27

Changes are

* Fix for maximal codeplug with all zones used (F1RMB)
* Partial fix for Last Heard not honouring the contact lookup order specified in the Display options (F1RMB & VK3KYY)
* Fix for VFO with no TG list, so that the Contact is used, or TG 9 if no Contact is set. (VK3KYY)
* Fix for so that Channels with no TG List and no Contact use TG 9, rather than the first Contact in the Digital Contacts (VK3KYY)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:49 am

I've created another Development release to fix some bugs in yesterday's version

Changes are

* Fix for maximal codeplug with all zones used (F1RMB)
* Fix for TG being announced when PTT is released when Prompt level is Voice 3 (F1RMB)
* Partial fix for Last Heard not honouring the contact lookup order specified in the Display options (F1RMB & VK3KYY)
* Fix for VFO with no TG list, so that the Contact is used, or TG 9 if no Contact is set. (VK3KYY)
* Fix for so that Channels with no TG List and no Contact use TG 9, rather than the first Contact in the Digital Contacts (VK3KYY)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 am

KI5GZK wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:09 am
No, because it doesn't matter what talk group I select, it could be "Texas" which is TG3148, it will still show "TG9".
It's as if it doesn't see that I do have a TG assigned and assigns TG 9 by default.

I can set up a normal channel the same way and it works correctly.
See the latest Development release, hopefully this has now been fixed both on the VFO and Channels.

There was a slightly different potential problems on a channel which did not have a TG List or a Contact, as it defaulted to the first contact in the CPS, which was different from the VFO which defaulted to TG 9.

I have now standardised this, so both the Channel and the VFO should work the same if there is no TG List but there is a contact,
and if there is no TG list and also no contact, it will force the radio onto TG9, because its likely the codeplug is very messed up.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:16 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 am
Hi Sal

Did you calibrate the power in your radio for the 1W and 5W power settings, using the Calibration screen in the CPS?
Calibration all ok ..... if I set 50mW manually everything works correctly .... if I turn on the radio and go to the memory of my hotospot (with customized power at 50mW) it doesn't work ..... to make it work I change the power at 250mW I return back to 50mW and everything works correctly .... it does so even if you leave the master value at 50mW on the VFO ...... turn off the radio turn on the radio try to transmit and hotspot receives nothing ... .. shift the power to 250mW back to 50mW and everything works correctly

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:20 am

Hi,

Did you checked the txoffset and rxoffset in the mmdvm in file. They have to be set to zero.

Cheers.
---
Daniek

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:21 am

Also, if you have an accurate frequency counter, or a spectrum analyser, it would be nice to check if the GD is on frequency. Maybe the master clock need some adjustments.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 am

F1RMB wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:20 am
Hi,

Did you checked the txoffset and rxoffset in the mmdvm in file. They have to be set to zero.

Cheers.
---
Daniek
Hi Daniel ... but the problem occurs only at power up .... if I move the power to 250mW and then return to 50mW everything works fine ... if it was an offset problem it shouldn't have behaved like this ... . I have all the loss and ber values in the standard ..... it is as if it does not accept the 50mW all the other powers work regularly
I don't have 1 frequency meter

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:38 am

Hi,

Bellow 1W, the FET is non linear. So maybe on 50mW you are on frequency, but you're off frequency with higher power values.
This is why that would be the first measurements I would like to make.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 am

F1RMB wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:21 am
Also, if you have an accurate frequency counter, or a spectrum analyser, it would be nice to check if the GD is on frequency. Maybe the master clock need some adjustments.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
the version of October 15 works correctly ..... the others made after no