New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Corné

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by Corné » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 am

Nice addition the monitor mode, but is it also possible to switch the monitor mode on and off in the menu?
That the monitor mode can also remain on when you scan all channels.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 am

Corné wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:41 am
Nice addition the monitor mode, but is it also possible to switch the monitor mode on and off in the menu?
That the monitor mode can also remain on when you scan all channels.
You can disable the DMR filters, but not get the full functionality of monitor mode.

And, Monitor mode needs more work because there are still problems receiving a duplex DMR signal, if the radio is scanning, as the DMR handling mode is controlled by whether the Tx and Rx frequencies are the same or different.

Actually probably the DMR reception as a whole needs to be overhauled to overcome this problem, but its a non trivial amount of work.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:47 am

I've removed the last minor update / attempt to completely hold off the QSO Data display (callsign display), but I have retained the original function I added, which sometimes holds off for 2 seconds.

These files are in the same location as before

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I've also modified the TS override system, so the TS override is not cleared every time the TG, or Channel or Zone is changed.
And the TG override is also not cleared when you change Zone.

If this version appears to be relatively stable I'll update the Unstable / Development files with this version.

I'll also continue to investigate how to resolve the problem of the QSO display updating when it does not need to, (overwriting the TG display).

There also appear to be some instances where the QSO display remains on the screen after the Rx signal has ended. This problem is in the firmware prior to my latest changes and also needs to be investigated

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:43 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:47 am
I've removed the last minor update / attempt to completely hold off the QSO Data display (callsign display), but I have retained the original function I added, which sometimes holds off for 2 seconds.

These files are in the same location as before

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I've also modified the TS override system, so the TS override is not cleared every time the TG, or Channel or Zone is changed.
And the TG override is also not cleared when you change Zone.

If this version appears to be relatively stable I'll update the Unstable / Development files with this version.

I'll also continue to investigate how to resolve the problem of the QSO display updating when it does not need to, (overwriting the TG display).

There also appear to be some instances where the QSO display remains on the screen after the Rx signal has ended. This problem is in the firmware prior to my latest changes and also needs to be investigated
I'm testing this version, thanks Roger
ciao

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:58 am

Hi Sal

Thanks

I've actually decided to update the Unstable version, because I know some other people who had problems with the TS override being cleared.,

If you find any major problems I will restore the Unstable to the previous Unstable files

Thanks again

Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:39 pm

The Development version has been updated with a bug fix, from Daniel F1RMB, to resolve a bug which occurs if the codeplug only contains 1 contact

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.10

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 pm

I've created a new Development release which includes the addition feature where a new channel created on the VFO screen is added to the current zone for the Channel screen

I've also done some bug fixes in relation to DMR TS in the existing code, so that the newly created channel has the correct TS.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.16

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 pm

thank you

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 pm

m1dyp wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:29 pm
thank you
No worries.

Let me know if you notice any problems.,

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:30 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 pm
I've created a new Development release which includes the addition feature where a new channel created on the VFO screen is added to the current zone for the Channel screen

I've also done some bug fixes in relation to DMR TS in the existing code, so that the newly created channel has the correct TS.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.16
you are faster to implement the functions than I to install them
Ciao Roger