New ongoing "Development" version has been created

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:08 am

There is a new development version.

Changes are

* Czech language update from OK2HAD.
* Fixes to squelch and other display problems (Thanks to Daniel F1RMB)
* Changes to Private Call accept system.
* Fix bug when a Private call has finished and pressing SK2 + Red should change the Tx back to the TG prior to the private call
Allow PC now has 3 options
"Off" Private calls will be filtered out.
"On" Private calls will be allowed, but the operator is prompted about whether they want to return the private call.
The text on the private call screen has been changed, to show that there is an incoming private call, and prompts the operator if they want to return the call
"PTT" This mode is identical to the "On" mode, except pressing the PTT has the same effect as pressing YES.

Note. The biggest change is in the private call handling, where PC Rx can be disable by setting "Allow PC" to "Off" in the Options.

Text on the PC accept screen has been changed (in the English version) to more accurately describe what this screen does.
Specifically pressing YES configures the Transmitter to return the call, by setting the Tx to the calling station's ID.

The new Private Call mode of "PTT" is for people who find pressing "YES" a bit clunky. Hence simply pressing the PTT when the Private call screen is displayed will configure the radio to return the call and then start transmitting.

Other languages will need to be translated to show the new / more correct text on this screen, as I have only updated the English language texts.

FYI.

If this version appears to be stable, I intend to release it as a Stable version on 1st Aug.

There are some other PR's (updates) pending, but its been over a month since the last stable release and I think its important to draw a line in the sand and release a new stable version soon.

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:30 pm

thank you

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Merci :mrgreen:

DO4CZ

Post by DO4CZ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks, Roger ;)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:24 am

Development version has been updated with changes to the French language, and Polish texts

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.06.28

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:14 pm

thank you

WY7JT

Post by WY7JT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:25 pm

I was getting that underwater effect on digital transmissions yesterday with the latest development version. What was strange, a transmission could be good and then the underwater effect would come on. If the transmission was long enough it could clear and even come back without me touching the radio. And this was being used with my DVMega hotspot and it only happened about 3% of the time. This wasn't happening with the previous development version or the stable version I just flashed today.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 am

WY7JT wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:25 pm
I was getting that underwater effect on digital transmissions yesterday with the latest development version. What was strange, a transmission could be good and then the underwater effect would come on. If the transmission was long enough it could clear and even come back without me touching the radio. And this was being used with my DVMega hotspot and it only happened about 3% of the time. This wasn't happening with the previous development version or the stable version I just flashed today.
The last update was purely a text change for the French language

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 am

Italian and German texts have been updated. Thanks to the various contributors.

There has also been an update to the Voice prompts file to improve the French prompts - Thanks to Daniel.....

WY7JT

Post by WY7JT » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:46 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:01 am
The last update was purely a text change for the French language
My development version might have been a couple behind. I only update about every couple weeks or so when when I update the database.