Voice prompt mode(s) updated

VK3KYY

Voice prompt mode(s) updated

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:54 am

I've done some updates to the Voice Prompt system.

And uploaded new versions to

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... /D20200507

The main change is that there are now 3 levels of voice prompts.
The existing level has been changed to remove the follow-on feature, as this was potentially annoying to anyone who is visually impaired as it can get in the way of normal operation.
There are 2 new levels of voice prompt Level 2 (L2) is the same as Level 1 except it has the follow-on enabled
Level 3 voices everything immediately. This level/mode is designed for anyone who is perhaps using the radio when driving a car or is portable and can't see the screen.

There are new voice prompt files which include changes to some languages (e.g. German) for fixes people have posted, and also to include the prompts for the new voice prompt levels.

https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... 2020.06.21

If this development version proves to be stable, I will make a new Stable release using the same files, in a few days.

m1dyp

Re: Voice prompt mode(s) updated

Post by m1dyp » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:50 am

thank you

N6RXT

Re: Voice prompt mode(s) updated

Post by N6RXT » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:42 pm

with the new modes, I noticed you put the word contact before every talkgroup. can this be spoken the first time an arrow is pressed then not again? I already know I pressed the right arrow key, and, if your in follow up mode you hear contact contact contact contact contact. Just start spelling things immediately. the first few letters are far more useful than repeatedly hearing the word contact.
So, my thought is in follow up mode, and going through a list, the first time you press the arrow key say contact or channel, then as it repeats, just spell things without saying contact or channel first.