Import codeplug

OpenGD77CPS
KO4BFY

Import codeplug

Post by KO4BFY » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 pm

I currently run an AT D878UV and export my codeplugs to DMR Contact Manager for massaging. Using the contact manager software I'm able to export contacts/channels to csv files. They won't import into the OpenGD77 CPS due to a data format error. Is there a way around this or will I have to re-enter my cps data?

VK3KYY

Re: Import codeplug

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:21 pm

G4EML wrote a tool to export many different types of codeplugs , not just the GD77 to and from CSV.

The CPS can export and import Channel quite well, and will auto generate zones and contacts when importing the CSV.

Alternatively contact whoever wrote that DMR Contact Manager and ask them to do a version for the OpenGD77.

NOTE.
The OpenGD77 now uses 80 channel zones

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 am

The main point about exporting to CSV is that it makes it possible to edit and modify files using Excel. If you have a CSV file from your 878 then it would be possible to modify it into the format required by openGD77. Create a dummy CSV file for the GD77 and use that as a guide to what is required. It is easy to copy and paste columns to re-arrange them. It will involve some work but is easier than starting again from scratch using the CPS. In fact you will probably find that a codeplug for OpenGD77 is simpler than for other radios as it is not necessary to define channels for every talkgroup. Just one channel for each repeater is all that is needed.

CSV files from different radios are always going to be incompatible as every radio has different features available.

KO4BFY

Post by KO4BFY » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:33 am

Very helpful advice, Thanks and 73s!