New CPS 2023 09 13

OpenGD77CPS
VK3KYY

New CPS 2023 09 13

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:11 pm

A new CPS is now available to fix a problem with the Polish language files

downloads/PC_CPS_20230910/Latest/OpenGD ... .13.01.exe

This version also no longer clears any legacy data in the Latitide and Longitude value, becuase it was impracticaly to clear all possible variations of legacy data

m1dyp

Re: New CPS 2023 09 13

Post by m1dyp » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:06 am

thank you

SQ9KCU

Post by SQ9KCU » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 am

Now the firmware loader starts.
Thank you.
Vy 73
SQ9KCU

14FRS498

Post by 14FRS498 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:14 am

Thanks

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:17 pm

Thank you...
Ciao
Sal

K5GT

Post by K5GT » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:00 pm

Was just playing around with my RT3s, not sure if it is a PC issue or not. When I open the software and read the radio I am able to go to the extra menu and download the callsign database and write it to the radio. However, if in the meantime I have done something else (just uploaded the 310 section and read the radio afterwards) and go back to the extra menu and download another section and want to write that to the radio I get a popup that the 'comm port not available' and when I click okay the message 'No com port. Close and reopen the OpenGD77 window to select a com port' appears. When I close that I get the OpenGD77 Support window.
Can we set the com port somewhere? But it is strange as why can at one moment the software find the radio and later can not find it anymore. Radio still shows on the same com port in device manager. Running Win10Pro-x64

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:29 pm

K5GT wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:00 pm
Was just playing around with my RT3s, not sure if it is a PC issue or not. When I open the software and read the radio I am able to go to the extra menu and download the callsign database and write it to the radio. However, if in the meantime I have done something else (just uploaded the 310 section and read the radio afterwards) and go back to the extra menu and download another section and want to write that to the radio I get a popup that the 'comm port not available' and when I click okay the message 'No com port. Close and reopen the OpenGD77 window to select a com port' appears. When I close that I get the OpenGD77 Support window.
Can we set the com port somewhere? But it is strange as why can at one moment the software find the radio and later can not find it anymore. Radio still shows on the same com port in device manager. Running Win10Pro-x64
Please write a step by step bullet point list to show how to always replicate the problem

K5GT

Post by K5GT » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:54 pm

Rebooted my PC and opened the software. When I turn on the radio I see OpenGD77 as COM25 in Device Manager. Click read Radio and am presented with the "Comm port not available" popup, when I click "OK" to close that window I am presented with the "No com port. Close and reopen the OpenGD77 window to select a com port.". When I click OK on that window I am presented with the OpenGD77 Support window. When I click "Read codeplug" I can successfully download the codeplug. I made a change (added an analog channel) and try to write it to the radio. Again I am presented with the "Comm port not available" message, clicking OK give me the "No com port. Close and reopen the OpenGD77 window to select a com port". Clicking OK again give me the OpenGD77 Support window, first time clicking "Write codeplug" gave me again the "Comm port not available", clicking OK on that closed the popup and the OpenGD77 Support window was still open. Clicking again on "write codeplug" successfully wrote the codeplug.

Yesterday I only wrote the 310 download of the callsign database, so today I try the 311 segment, Clicking write to radio gives me "Comm port not available", clicking "OK" gives me the "No com port. Close and reopen the OpenGD77 window to select a com port." message, Also click OK to close that popup, Second time click on "Write to radio" is successful.

John

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:08 pm

Open GD77 CPS searches for the port by name, not number. So it should find the radio on any port number. However it sounds like on your computer it is not able to reliably identify the port.

The fact that windows has allocated COM25 to the port might indicate that you have previously used other serial port devices on that computer. It may be that the drivers for those devices, even if they are not plugged in, are causing the problem. Similar problems have benn reported by a few people before.

It might be worth manually re-assigning the com port to a different (lower) number. You can do that in the advanced settings when looking at the com port properties in device manager.
It may say that ports are in use even though the hardware for them is not currently connected. You can normally safely re-use those ports if you are sure the hardware is not present.

Colin G4EML

OK2MOP

Post by OK2MOP » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:03 am

I am reporting an issue which is not limited to this version but was there at least since first September CPS, if I try to export (existing, or even a newly created empty codeplug) to CSV in Czech Windows, I get following exception:

Code: Select all

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Daný klíč není ve slovníku k dispozici.
   v System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   v DMR.CSVEML.ExportCSV()
   v DMR.MainForm.tsbtnExportCSV_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
The translation of the exception text would be something like "Given key is not available in the dictionary". Is anybody experiencing the same issues? I do not have English version of Windows available to me right now to check.