Re: Code plug read/write error

Post by prattmd » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Any other suggestions?

prattmd

Post by prattmd » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:42 pm

No luck even after new cable.

Any other ideas?

Should I flash a particular OEM firmware before flashing the opengd77 one?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:48 pm

The only temporary solution is to reload the official firmware and then use the Community CPS to upload the codeplug, as it will use the Radioddity USB HID protocol to upload.

Then reflash back to the OpenGD77 firmware.

This was the method we initially had to do before firmware had an form of CPS communications in it.

I've done a search on the web for this error several times, but no one has a clear idea of how to fix it. It can occur on many different types of network communication include TCP as well as a COM port.

Can you please post you codeplug to this thread, as there may be something in the codeplug which is causing the OpenGD77 firmware a problem which in turn causes the CPS a problem

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:05 pm

jobdone wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:03 pm
I've been trying to recreate this by making a win10 VM. I cannot reproduce this error. So are you guys using USB3 ports? have you changed the com port speed? when i first changed from 3.1.6fw to opengd77 I noticed alot of robotic stuttering on DMR, so I downgraded my radios to 2.6.3 and then did a factory reset. uploaded opengd77fw then reloaded my 3.1.6 codeplug. not sure if that changed anything but the stuttering seems much less now.to me I can see the logic in the post above about admin rights, being a linux user this was my first thought.. my last thought is there are variants of the radios, which is highly likely. how are we going to know and which is what?

We are constantly changing the firmware to improve things including the DMR stuttering, so that sort of thing is unlikely to be related to the CPS

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 pm

jobdone wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:10 pm
Hi , apologies , this wasn't a complaint. I posted the above to state that I cannot recreate the problem and that is how I loaded my fw.
No worries

Things are quiet fluid at the moment, especially as we still have a number of strange problems with the core of the DMR code, which will take some time to resolve, because we are working mostly blind in terms of lack of documentation on the DMR chip

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:24 pm

jobdone wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 pm
tbh we need to start talking numbers , the above issue is stated without any details to what people are using - versions of CPS, fw and OS's used would be of great help, honestly as much info as possible, like upgrade routes etc.
so I'll start this off - went from 2.6.3fw - did a factory reset, using a win10 64bit os 1909 VM. CPS is opengd77 v20191228 also using the community CPS 20191215. my fw is opengd77 dec30/2019
no issues - standard usb2 port - standard gd77 cable - both radios purchased a couple of years ago.
no issues reading or writing.
I can't replicate this bug either. However I think Daniel F1RMB said that he occasionally gets it on his Windows VM running on Linux.

It does seem to be an error that other software encounters, but no one seems to have a definitive solution.

KB8AOB

Post by KB8AOB » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 pm

I too have had this problem and note the same errors as listed. I am so uncertain of my CP that it may be causing the issue but would like try a known good CP with basic setup with my system to rule that problem in or out... Could you post a clean simple CP that is know to work...

Rich

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:44 pm

KB8AOB wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 pm
I too have had this problem and note the same errors as listed. I am so uncertain of my CP that it may be causing the issue but would like try a known good CP with basic setup with my system to rule that problem in or out... Could you post a clean simple CP that is know to work...

Rich
Just try the default codeplug you get by pressing the New button in the CPS. That loads OK for me.

prattmd

Post by prattmd » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:27 am

The one referenced in the FAQ with the driver is one I have tried
I also tried the dev version in the google drive in this thread

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 am

prattmd wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:27 am
The one referenced in the FAQ with the driver is one I have tried
I also tried the dev version in the google drive in this thread