CPS Zone and ScanList limits?

OpenGD77CPS
dl9sec

CPS Zone and ScanList limits?

Post by dl9sec » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am

Hi,

I am currently trying to convert my RD-5R codeplug (made with the Radioddity CPS for RD-5R) for the OpenGD77.
So far I was successfull converting the CP to CVS, adapt it to fit the OpenGD77CPS CP pattern and re-convert it to .gd77.

The CP opens in OpenGD77CPS (build date 20200627), but it seems, that I lost some Zone entries and also some ScanList entries.
My original CP containes 78 Zones and 72 ScanLists. Zones seems to be cut at 64.
What are the Zone and ScanList-limits of the CPS?

I tried to aggregate some Zones and ScanLists, but when I try to recreate the lost entries, the up-/down-movement doesn't seem to work proper, some weird things happened (e.g. Zone doesn't move anymore or disappears).

Unfortunatetly I can not import my GD77 CP with the G4EML CVS tool (GD77-CSV(OpenGD77).exe) to edit it externally. It seems, the tool can not handle the 80 entries per Zone.

Seems, that i am stuck...

73, Thorsten

VK3KYY

Re: CPS Zone and ScanList limits?

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:42 am

Colin has a special version of his utility for the OpenGD77 variation of format with 80 channel zones.

Yes. The total number of zones is lower, but it is no longer necessary to have 1 zone per repeater, as you don't need 1 channel per TG, because the Rx Group list is now just a TG list which is assigned to each channel.

So you just need to make a few TG lists e.g. DMR MARC, BM and TGIF and assign the appropriate TG list to the channel depending on the network

dl9sec

Post by dl9sec » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks for the hint! Now I saw the 80er version of Colin.

I managed to aggregate the scanlists to 61 lists before converting the CVS files to a OpenGD77 codeplug. This works so far.
It seems, that a maximum of 68 zones are imported instead of 75 zones.

My CP is really large and covers Germany (156 Contacts, 6 Groups, 842 Channels, 75 Zones, 61 ScanLists). The zones are sorted by german states and large areas, so there is alot of work in it :D

I think with Colin's 80er version I can aggregate the zones externally a bit more to lower the number of zones.

Thank you.

73, Thorsten

LZ1CK

Post by LZ1CK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Sorry for being direct, but I'm new here. Who is Colin? Where is this tool? Is it open source?

I'm struggling with parsing Zones correctly. I'm positive I've replicated the logic from OpenGD77CPS and the firmware itself, but some codeplugs downloaded from this forum still yield errors at the end of the zones list.

KC7RBW

Post by KC7RBW » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:25 pm

LZ1CK wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 pm
Sorry for being direct, but I'm new here. Who is Colin? Where is this tool? Is it open source?
Colin is G4EML on this forum and one of the maintainers of the project.
You can find his Codeplug tools at http://www.gb3gf.co.uk/downloads.html
It's not open source.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:13 am

LZ1CK wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:05 pm

I'm struggling with parsing Zones correctly. I'm positive I've replicated the logic from OpenGD77CPS and the firmware itself, but some codeplugs downloaded from this forum still yield errors at the end of the zones list.
There could be bugs in the firmware if there are a lot of zones, but no one reported any.

I think there are some docs that Colin wrote about the codeplug format, but I don't have them...