[By design[ LED on in dmr when signal is not DMR

Ik0nwg

[By design[ LED on in dmr when signal is not DMR

Post by Ik0nwg » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:55 am

I noticed that if the percentage of the squelch is less than 15%, the LED lights up in DMR mode (both memories and vfo). In FM it is normal, but in DMR? I hope I haven't said stupid things.
Sal
Last edited by Ik0nwg on Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EB3AM

Re: led on in dmr in absence of signal

Post by EB3AM » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:25 pm

In my case, same. And at 20% it is intermittently

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:20 pm

To fix the bug where the LED was not illuminating on DMR if there was a FM or a signal on another mode, the LED turn on point is now controlled by the squelch setting in the options.

If your LED is lightning, you need to increase your squelch for the band of that DMR channel.

The signal meter now runs all the time on DMR Rx even when there is no DMR signal, this allows the operator to turn the antenna to get max signal on a weak DMR signal, which is not strong enough to be decoded

The squelch setting does not effect the DMR operation, everything else is the same.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:11 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:20 pm
To fix the bug where the LED was not illuminating on DMR if there was a FM or a signal on another mode, the LED turn on point is now controlled by the squelch setting in the options.

If your LED is lightning, you need to increase your squelch for the band of that DMR channel.

The signal meter now runs all the time on DMR Rx even when there is no DMR signal, this allows the operator to turn the antenna to get max signal on a weak DMR signal, which is not strong enough to be decoded

The squelch setting does not effect the DMR operation, everything else is the same.
Ciao Roger
Thanks for the explanation, and congratulations for including this function.