[Probably fixed] White noise after changing slot

ea3ihi

Re: White noise after changing slot

Post by ea3ihi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Nice explanation.

There are like 15 places where the amp pin is set to 0 or 1. We can create a new function to enable and disable the amp that receives as parameter if it has to be on or off, and the type of audio: beep, digital/analog (do you foresee we will have to differentiate dmr and analog?)

To check the status of the amp instead of reading the pin status we can use the variables.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 pm

I don't think its necessary to use a different variable for FM and DMR because the radio can't be in both modes at the same time.

I think the only sources of audio are currently the RF (FM or DMR) signal or the beep

However, possibly in the future there will also be voice prompt audio, which will be AMBE data that is played using the DMR decode system.

If you look in the "voice-prompts" branch in my repo there is some work I did to play voice prompts, but it doesnt work correctly yet. (I think I put some test audio on button Function + 6)

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:59 pm

The set_melody commands that i put in the uiTxScreen.c appears to minimize the problem in my compilations (open and close amp??)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:09 pm

EA5SW wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:59 pm
The set_melody commands that i put in the uiTxScreen.c appears to minimize the problem in my compilations (open and close amp??)
Beep uses set_melody

ea3ihi

Post by ea3ihi » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:32 pm

I have created a PR with changes to keep track of the amp ussage. I have abused commenting lines where the amp pin is changed instead of replacing the lines with calls to the new ampEnableDisable function. Let me know what you think and I can clean the old commented code.

David

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:37 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:32 pm
I have created a PR with changes to keep track of the amp ussage. I have abused commenting lines where the amp pin is changed instead of replacing the lines with calls to the new ampEnableDisable function. Let me know what you think and I can clean the old commented code.

David
Tested with my little mod of TXtone and works flawlessly now...

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:03 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:32 pm
David
Thanks

I'll download and review the PR

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:58 am

ilmiser wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:53 am
just updated to latest version (01 march 2020) and this problem seems gone.

Thanks guys,
you are awesome.
I think this fix was from EA3IHI

ea3ihi

Post by ea3ihi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:17 pm

I have not looked at how the filtering works, if the new filter settings "close" the audio when it was open it might happen that the audio amp is left on. For instance when the slot is changed we call disableAudioAmp and it will be enabled the next time new dmr audio comes in. Maybe the same should be done when confirming new filter settings.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:05 pm

ea3ihi wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:17 pm
I have not looked at how the filtering works, if the new filter settings "close" the audio when it was open it might happen that the audio amp is left on. For instance when the slot is changed we call disableAudioAmp and it will be enabled the next time new dmr audio comes in. Maybe the same should be done when confirming new filter settings.
I think the DMR audio is reset when the filer mode is changed. But I don't think the audio amp is disabled in the code that resets the DMR system.

We could add code into the DMR Rx reset to disable the audio amp.

I will investigate