[DCDM not supported]The radio does not distinguish TS during direct operation.

SP5ME

[DCDM not supported]The radio does not distinguish TS during direct operation.

Post by SP5ME » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm

I would like to report a problem with the lack of distinction of TS in direct mode by OpenGD77. The original GD77 software, unlike most cheap DMR radios, i.e. TYT, Anytone and Baofeng (writes about some models I came across) distinguished the TS on which it receives transmissions. I tested OpenGD77 with both variants of the Filter: TS / None setting.

I would like to ask you to pay attention to this, because it may hinder operation in the case of everyday radio work or EmCom situations. Another problem may be working with a repeater switching data between TS, such solutions appeared in the case of professional radios long ago, but have recently reached the equipment of "Ham" radios.

G4EML

Re: The radio does not distinguish TS during direct operation.

Post by G4EML » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Standard Direct Mode does not differentiate between timeslots.
Only one transmission is allowed on a frequency in Standard Direct Mode. There are no defined timeslots.
The openGD77 firmware works correctly in this mode.

I think that you are talking about what is called 'Dual Capacity Direct Mode'. This is an enhanced function supported by some radios.
Currently the OpenGD77 firmware does not support that mode.
We hope that it may be possible in the future but it will need a lot of experimenting to get it working and it is not a high priority at the moment.

IK8JHL

Post by IK8JHL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:52 am

Yes exactly I think he talks about DCDM, unfortunately I also use that functionality on my D578 which acts as a simplex repeater, (SFR) we hope that in the future there is the possibility,when I have to do the tests I have to put the old FW back :( unfortunately

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:18 am

We would like to get DCDM working as it will be needed for SFR mode which we would also like to implement.
However it is not very well defined in the DMR documents and even less well in the HRC6000 documents so it will take a lot of work.