[Not a bug] Talker Alias Reception Issue

IK8JHL

[Not a bug] Talker Alias Reception Issue

Post by IK8JHL » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:47 pm

I dont know if it's a bug , but I noticed that when TA is received, the message remains stored in the radio until the radio is turned off. The Issue can be replicated by transmitting with a TA-enabled radio, then we change the message, or we turn the TA TX off, the GD77 continues to visualyze the previously received message, if we turn off the GD77 and turn it back on we can read the new correct message The test can also be done by changing the message in Brandmeister's SelfCare

F1RMB

Re: Talker Alias Reception Issue

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi,
IK8JHL wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:47 pm
I dont know if it's a bug , but I noticed that when TA is received, the message remains stored in the radio until the radio is turned off. The Issue can be replicated by transmitting with a TA-enabled radio, then we change the message, or we turn the TA TX off, the GD77 continues to visualyze the previously received message, if we turn off the GD77 and turn it back on we can read the new correct message The test can also be done by changing the message in Brandmeister's SelfCare
No, this is not a bug, it's the way we handle TAs. There is a storage of 16 contacts, and received TA is stored inside. We couldn't spend too much cycles to try to guess if someone is playing changing his TA, so the rule is, if the TA has been received (at least the HEADER), and if its length is not greater than the one stored, we pass.
This is why, once a full TA is stored inside one of the rolling (16) contacts, and this contact pops up on the radio, its TA is instantly displayed (as there is no need to reprocess the whole thing of the four blocks of TA data).

So yes, if you change your TA to something new, lesser or equal in length, you have to reboot the GD.

Cheers.

IK8JHL

Re: Talker Alias Reception Issue

Post by IK8JHL » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:18 pm

In fact I suspected something like this, I was undecided whether to publish here or in another section, thanks for the explanation