Hotspot Mode - Interrupted Voice

kd2lh

Hotspot Mode - Interrupted Voice

Post by kd2lh » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:40 am

Using HotSpot mode with the most recent 12/4/2019 firmware, I make a call on Parrot, and the response from Brandmeister / parrot is regularly interrupted at roughly data packet intervals. I hear the first of the voice response, it clicks off (I see "call end" on the receiving HT) then the voice clicks back on after an interruption and I hear the next packet of speech. This continues until the parrot response is done. No packet loss is indicated on Pi-Star.

MMDVMHost listed a problem with the setting of the OVCM bit:

https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/issues/530

and this could well be the problem. Assuming that they fix it, will this enter the OpenGD77 code eventually?

Marc

VK3KYY

Re: Hotspot Mode - Interrupted Voice

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:04 am

kd2lh wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:40 am
Using HotSpot mode with the most recent 12/4/2019 firmware, I make a call on Parrot, and the response from Brandmeister / parrot is regularly interrupted at roughly data packet intervals. I hear the first of the voice response, it clicks off (I see "call end" on the receiving HT) then the voice clicks back on after an interruption and I hear the next packet of speech. This continues until the parrot response is done. No packet loss is indicated on Pi-Star.

MMDVMHost listed a problem with the setting of the OVCM bit:

https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/issues/530

and this could well be the problem. Assuming that they fix it, will this enter the OpenGD77 code eventually?

Marc
The Hotspot mode uses quite a lot of the MMDVMHost code, which I ported from C++ into C.

However, I can't see a PR commit related to the fix for this, so I don't know whether whatever got changed was used in the OpenGD77 Hotspot