DMR No Audio, when scanning with TS filtering disabled

vk3hfz

Re: DMR No Audio, when scanning with TS filtering disabled

Post by vk3hfz » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:40 am

Hi Roger

I have the same problem but i have no audio at all. I loaded the latest stable version (with the Merry Christmas Splash screen) and it did work for about 24 hours. Only thin did was changed zone and after a white it stopped, there is no audio on splash screen, DMR, FMN modes or button presses. I have factory reset the radio and uploaded the default code plug from the CPS but still nothing. I have also notice the splash screen only filck on for about 1 sec meaning it could be in the boot loading where audio stops. All other functions seem to work all id and channels and zones functions seem to work.

Chris
vk3hfz

I1KDO

Post by I1KDO » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi Roger
the lack of audio in VFO mode is caused by the setting of the same RX and TX frequencies in that way the radio does not decode, if you set different it receives perfectly ... after various tests this is the result.
73, Lorenzo

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 pm

That would make sense.
DMR works slightly differently on Simplex to Duplex.
If you want to receive a repeater correctly you must have the radio set to duplex mode with different receive and transmit frequencies.
It may still receive a repeater if it is set to simplex but there is no guarantee that the timeslot will be correct. So you may end up listening to the unused timeslot which would obviously not have any audio.