Problems with OpenGD77

EA1MU

Problems with OpenGD77

Post by EA1MU » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:31 am

Greetings to everyone.
First of all, thanks to everyone working on the development of the OpenGD77 Firmware, especially Roger Clark, who decided to continue with this initiative, because at the beginning it was a device with very little acceptance despite being bought by many colleagues, little by little it seems that they have cornered it in the drawer of the junk, at least that is my impression by what I hear and with the changes that you have made, giving it a less professional character and creating options more suited to our hobby For all that, thank you very much.

Now, to share my experience, I usually update it every time a new version of the Firmware comes out, until today and I use it to connect to the digital repeater that we have installed in my location, but I have the following problem:

Listening to the TG Ts1 national and then switching to the world TG Ts1, I also hear the same qso, it even changes me on the screen of Tg, that is to say that even changing TG in Ts1, I hear the same thing, and the same thing happens with Ts2, I have reviewed the codeplug and I have it well set with both digital contacts and rx groups.

I have read some of your comments, but the problem is that I dont understand english, I have to pass everything through the translator and we all know what happens with this tool: some terms are not translated correctly and generate mistakes

On the other hand, I want my GD77 to do Hotspots with the help of my Android phone, I have both applications installed (TCPUART) and (BLUEDV), but I don't get it and I ask myself the following questions:

1st: Is the latest firmware (12/03/2019) that I have installed compatible, or do I need to install a specific one for my radio to make Hotspots?
2nd: The Codeplug that I have installed for use with repeaters is compatible, or it has to be an specific one for this purpose?
I have seen several tutorials, I follow the steps and instructions, but I do not get it, I hope you can forgive the somewhat extensive comment, but I would like to get this to work.
I hope someone will answer me with the solution to solve this problem.

Regards, 73s.
EA1MU. (Pablo)
Ávila, Spain, 03/12/2019.

VK3KYY

Re: Problems with OpenGD77

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 am

I think you need to explain in more detail

What is
Listening to the TG Ts1 national
TS1 is a timeslot, TG is a talkgroup, but you didn't say what talkgoup

When you say switch, what do you mean. Change channel, change TalkGoup?

Are you listening to a repeater or a hotspot.

etc

I know there are many other Spanish users who perhaps can help if this is something specific to the operating in Spain

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 am

pablo. connect gd77 to phone with OTG cable, first hold in black side key when turning on, this is important. change channel to your hotspot, then in TCPUART (baud rate 15200) click CONNECT phone will prompt with allow? click OK then in tcp server click SERVER enter 2000 and START.

press your home button (leaving TCPUART running in the background

launch BLUEDV, got to setup, enable ser2net enter ip 127.0.0.1 click submit

radio should now say WAITING FOR PISTAR, click the PHONE ICON on BLUEDV and it connects

sometimes you may need to restart TCPUART

if its not working, check that your phone is OTG compatable

good luck

EA1MU

Post by EA1MU » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 am

Thank you very much Ken, for the explanation, I got it, connecting the gd77 with the mobile phone, it was an IP problem, now I have to configure the other equipment to use the hotspot.
A greeting. 73s of EA1MU (Pablo)

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 am

that's great news

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 am

Ken

Thanks..

I did not understand the question at all.

I think the title of the post should have included the word "Hotspot"

I can update the title, so perhaps you can suggest a better title and I can update it

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 am

Problems with OpenGD77 in hotspot mode with bluedv android

lol :mrgreen:

EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:09 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 am
Ken

Thanks..

I did not understand the question at all.

I think the title of the post should have included the word "Hotspot"

I can update the title, so perhaps you can suggest a better title and I can update it

Unfortunately, the post placed several different questions in one single stroke

When EA1MU says:
"...
Listening to the TG Ts1 national
..."

We should "read":
"...
While listening TG214 on TS1
..."

(TG214 is spanish nationwide TG)