TG and ID issue with Repeater

W1AEX

Re: TG and ID issue with Repeater

Post by W1AEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:46 am

Alex,

One further observation is that when the actual TG is different from what is selected with the GD77, the display for the TG is appropriately color inverted and pressing the blue key [function] does correctly switch the GD77 to the actual TG. This is all a step in the right direction!

Thanks and 73, Rob W1AEX

YT5HOK

Post by YT5HOK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:27 am

W1AEX wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 am
Also, the calls of the stations were not displayed, only the DMR-ID. The DMR ID of each of the 5stations did make it to the Last Heard list. Note that I do have the entire US database loaded (60 day filter and 12 letter limit).
There's a problem with Pi-Star DMR ID database. Posted a fix here: [FIX] Missing callsigns / Pi-Star base broken (2019-12-19)

DL4LEX

Post by DL4LEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:04 am

W1AEX wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 am

Addendum: 5 calls heard and 4 correctly displayed TG 3 for North America and the other correctly displayed TG 13 for Worldwide English. I think you are on the right track Alex!

Note that the radio did reboot twice as it was scanning. Also, the calls of the stations were not displayed, only the DMR-ID. The DMR ID of each of the 5stations did make it to the Last Heard list. Note that I do have the entire US database loaded (60 day filter and 12 letter limit).

Thanks again and 73, Rob W1AEX
What happens with the 5th station? Did it display a TG0?
I will take a look at the DMR-ID display. You didn't use the hotspot mode of OpenGD77?

Oh, and the scan crash is another issue already logged in github.

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:08 am

Hi Alex,

1. All five stations that I heard during that session displayed the correct talkgroup as I was scanning all the non-brandmeister repeaters: Four separate stations were on WW and correctly displayed TG 3 (Worldwide) and the other was on WWE and correctly displayed TG 13 (worldewide english). So, there were no errors in the identification of what talkgroup the stations were on.

2. The OpenGD77 was not in hotspot mode, it was in regular operating mode and scanning a zone with 11 local ARES and DMARC repeaters. In my codeplug, each repeater has two channels, one for TS1 and another for TS2. The selected TG in the channel for TS1 has 12 contact entries and the TG for the channel with TS2 has 3 contact entries.

So... the only problems I observed were rebooting when scanning (already logged in github), and no callsign displayed, only the correct DMR ID was displayed and then placed in the last heard list.

Your current fix looks like a big step forward. Thanks for all your work and 73, Rob W1AEX

(Note: Riku, my Pi-Star Zumspot was not involved as the stations were received over the air on several different local repeaters.)

DL4LEX

Post by DL4LEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:41 am

W1AEX wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:08 am

So... the only problems I observed were rebooting when scanning (already logged in github), and no callsign displayed, only the correct DMR ID was displayed and then placed in the last heard list.

Your current fix looks like a big step forward. Thanks for all your work and 73, Rob W1AEX
Hi Rob,

could you try to update your DMR-ID database with the CPS in the GD77?

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:57 am

Hi Alex,

I just updated it with the CPS on Wednesday but I will be glad to refresh it. I have to step out for several hours but will do that and then more testing when I get back.

73, Rob W1AEX

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:43 pm

I am testing on non-brandmeister repeaters and not using any hot spots at this time. I did update the DMR-ID database with the CPS in the GD77 with 20 day last heard filter and Region 31. I am seeing the correct TG being displayed and the ID is being displayed (and being listed in the last heard). I have seen mostly ID's but a couple of names and calls. I will be out for a while this morning but will continue to test. If there are other conditions or settings you would like tested let me know. I did have one strange talk group show up, 999999 (all 9's).

DL4LEX

Post by DL4LEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 pm

I didn't change anything in the DMR ID lookup function, and it's working here.

One thing you can check is whether the ID's are in the DMR ID database. To do this you have to update the DMR ID database from the CPS to the GD77, leave the window 'DMR ID' open and wait for a received ID. Then try to find it in the CPS.

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:49 pm

I will do that when I get back, looking at the last heard list I am guessing the the ID lookup is working just from what I see. I will test it out as you suggested when i get back. I loaded the firmware on my second radio, that has a differed ID data base on it. I will test with both and see how they compare

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Alex and Mike,

I just installed an updated DMR-ID list using the CPS (US: regions 11 and 31 @ 60 days, Canada region 302 @ 30 days, Australia region 50 @ 30 days, all using 12 characters in the display) and I am scanning the local ARES and DMARC repeaters where the TG: 0 and ID: 0 problem was persistent.

It's quiet this morning but I did make a call on North America and the correct TG showed up and my name and call sign were displayed. As I was typing, a station from Arizona just transmitted and his call sign and the correct TG were displayed. A station replied to him and the correct TG displayed but his call sign (KB1IQY DMR ID 3132898) was not displayed. I'm trying to find if his DMR ID is in the database I just uploaded to the radio but that will take some time as there is no sort function as far as I can see.

Another station just keyed up as I was about to post this and the correct TG and his call sign displayed correctly. I think whatever change you made in this debug firmware is a big improvement Alex!

73, Rob W1AEX