reception problem

VK3KYY

Re: reception problem

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 am

W0RMT wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:13 am
I just experienced this issue in a QSO with VK7ZCR on 977. I'm using an MMDVM hat (duplex board from DF2ET, DB9MAT) on an rpi 3B+, pi-star 4.1.0 RC6. Changing to VFO and back to memory during reception cleared it up.
This problem seems to be in the official firmware as well as the OpenGD77. I experienced it yesterday and switching to the VFO and back fixed it.

At the moment I don't know what causes it, and its difficult to track down as it doesnt happen very often.

I suspect its a problem with the audio buffer where possibly a frame of DMR data has been lost in the network and this will cause the output audio to be constantly short of 60ms worth of audio.

I think I'll need to put in some debugging to capture if there are any missing frames, but unless this happens when I've actually got the buffer running in the radio, I'm still not going to be able to see if thats the problem.

N6WBL

Re: reception problem

Post by N6WBL » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:40 pm

I tried it with my Jumbospot and N5BOC mmdvm hs_hat hotspots and I still had the same 60ms audio defect pop up occasionally. So not related to the DVMega radio hat. Though with the Nov 21 stable firmware I had it happen a lot less than previous versions (locked keyboard on the newest firmware). I might have found another bug when I put TGIF on TG 777 for a steady stream of audio. It got into a cycle of constantly dropping out audio on a cyclical basis. I'll have to give it another try this afternoon for a bit and see what I notice.