[Fixed - calibration data error] Transmitting on VHF DMR Repeater not possible

DL7DW

Re: Transmitting on VHF DMR Repeater not possible

Post by DL7DW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:17 am

I turned off the calibration in menu with no success. I even loaded a fresh codeplug and fiddled around between VFO and channel functions, no chance to get the radio talking to a repeater.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 am

Colin

I know Kai thought he had read all the necessary calibration data and applied the settings to the hardware but I'm pretty sure there is something missing or incorrect both on UHF and VHF.

I know some people have a problem where even listening to a repeater on VHF keeps dropping out every few seconds.

In the case of the people who can't trigger the repeaters, It may be the DMR deviation level, which I think Jason labelled as the I&Q values in the calibration table, (though I don't really think that I&Q is the best description)

I forget where it was, but I recall in one place Kai was just performing a calculation to work out one of the calibration values, but now that I look again, I can't see where it is.

Its not in fw_calibration.c, so perhaps in HR-C6000.c

Without having a logic analyser attached to the C6000 to look at the traffic, its hard to know exactly what settings the official firmware sends to that chip.

Its on my To Do list to perform micro surgery and solder some tiny wires to the MK22 or the C6000's SPI bus connection, as I have 2 GD-77 radios which I've taken apart and re-assembled to solder on the SWD bus. So neither of them are usable has handhelds I can walk around with, because of the wires hanging out of them, so I may as well take one of them even further apart. (When I have time)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 am

DL7DW wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:17 am
I turned off the calibration in menu with no success. I even loaded a fresh codeplug and fiddled around between VFO and channel functions, no chance to get the radio talking to a repeater.
Backup your calibration data, zip it and post the zip file here, and we can see if the calibration data in your radio looks abnormal

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:48 am

Next test after I unsuccessfully played around with channel parameters!

During a QSO using my Hytera MD785, I pushed the PTT of the GD77 and it "sort of transmitted" (!!??), the time-out-timer was counting down and the LED stayed red.

I released the PTT of the MD785 and immediately pushed the PTT of the GD77 while the talk group was still on hold.
The GD77 indicated a transmission but there actually was non! So the GD77 is able to simulate a transmission when the talk group is on hold.

If I knew how to adjust in the calibration and which values to chose in the calibration menu I would dare to test some parameters after saving the original data of the radio.

Nevertheless, the original firmware is working well regarding this VHF issue and therefore I think the culprit is actually not the radio itself.

That's weird :)

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:08 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 am
DL7DW wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:17 am
Backup your calibration data, zip it and post the zip file here, and we can see if the calibration data in your radio looks abnormal
:oops: Can't backup the calibration data...where is the button? :?

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:13 am

At least a screen shot :roll:
Attachments
DL7DW-Calibration.JPG
DL7DW-Calibration.JPG (99.72 KiB) Viewed 4041 times

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:23 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 am

I know some people have a problem where even listening to a repeater on VHF keeps dropping out every few seconds.
Sounds like a priority watch function in the scan list is enabled.
Is it possible, that the open-firmware is taking over those functions?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:27 am

No.

The firmware is completely different from the official version

DL7DW

Post by DL7DW » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Latest Release 03.Dez.2019 no change so far.
I still see the trigger pulsing on the offset transmit frequency but the GD77 sends no proper wake up to the repeater.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:41 pm

There was no change to the RF of DMR functionality in the latest release, it was purely UI and upper level functionality changes and bug fixes